Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone checked out the new super white (blue-white) replacement bulb and ballast HID kit for the V-ROD. I was thinking about buying it but want to be sure it works as advertised (kinda spendy). I have them in my SUV and love them but they have a projector lens. I'm not sure this kit will work as well with the normal headlight reflector.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thx,

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Bike looks good.
I don't know anything about the H.I.D. light.But if it is from BPP then you might want to do some checking on them.A couple of forum members haven't had good experiences w/ them.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I saw it on the breathlessperformance web page. Anyone that's purchased from them please share your experance and if you had issues dealing with them.
Thx,

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I've bought from BPP and would not buy again - especially if it's something they are developing. From what I've seen what they say they have is not what you get. They may be okay for other mfg's stuff, but as far as I'm concerned the stuff they make is low quality. Just my opinion, but if I'm going to spend big bugs on a headlight I wouldn't want to buy the first one from them!

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
glz, I bought a set of grilles from them. Unlike most on the forum I like the way they look. Down side -- though they were in stock,it took me month to get them, and only after several phone calls. I won't be doing business with them again.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
( i replied last night to this thread......now its missing???)

Anyway,

I have ordered from BPP (sidemount plate) and had no issues what so ever. The product was shipped timely and it was exactly what i expected. Quality is excellent.
I know there are some that didnt have a good experience but my experience was normal. Would i order again? Yes

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
CW-VRod during the transition last night we lost about ten post that took place while the data was being reconfigured on the new forum.

·
2,552 Posts
vilzrod said:
I dealt with them on on the phone ...bunch of knobs

My dealings with BPP have all been in person directly with Ernie. Also rode with him during Biketoberfest. He is a real nice guy. I have some of his products. The grills do not meet my expectations. But what do you want for just a mesh. They are a bit pricey but we live in America and he sells at what the market will bear. In my business I am by far the most expensive, BUT WELL WORTH IT :cool:

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Frank Storms said:
In my business I am by far the most expensive, BUT WELL WORTH IT :cool:
There in lies the problem..........(as far as the mesh grills go). The majority of the people who have them not think that they are worth the $$ at all. IE:not worth the $$

But that doenst make everything else he sells bad too!!

·
2,552 Posts
V-Man said:
The question was about the HID kit. I'm also interested in it. Can we stick to the subject?
The thread never did get to far off topic. The reason I say that is that BPP is the only company currently selling them and people were voicing their opinions on BPP. :cheers:

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Doc, has been doing some research on HID kits. PM him. I think it'll be my next upgrade.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The systems would be great for the V-Rod if we could get some good feedback on how they actually work with the v-rod.

Max

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
The BPP one does'nt have a high beam. I don't care what anyone says, I want as much light on the road as I can get away with.Its not just the amount of light,High beams focus the light farther down the road so you can see more when no ones in front of yiu. If I could I'd mount a search light on my bike and cars( the kind you see at grand openings and such.)

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
90% of the HID upgrades are only low beam. That's one reason I haven't spent any money on aftermarket HIDs.

Hella makes a HID driving light that's interesting but it only seems to be available in Europe.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.