Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I shell out the money for the H-D tuner, I'd like to know if it will be usable on another Harley EFI bike, or am I "married" only to my V-Rod? I feel pretty comfortable with all the diagnostics involved, (though not an expert). I've been a truck mechanic, and in fleet management for 35+ years; so it doesn't intimidate me.....but, it would be nice to help my friends out with remapping their Road Kings, and Dynas etc. I bet the MoCo has something programed into the "Tuner" to keep me from using it on another bike; but know some of you can tell me for sure.
Thanks in advance!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
redrazor it marries your V-Rod or what ever bike you hook it up to first. It uses a one time write prom in the dongle.

Max

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
But still worth it if you cannot leave well enough alone.

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Max for the (anticipated) info. I guess I'd be better off just having my dealer "flash" the computer on my bike for as a SE pipes, K&N, and topless. What do you think? I'm much more into riding than extensive tinkering, and just want a more optimal fuel air/ignition curve set up to make me feel than they are more close to being "idealized" for my bike. Is there a certain "Map number" or scan code to ask for?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
redrazor if your running all HD stuff then that is probably the best option to just have the dealer flash it. If you plan on changing to after market pipes or other options the the RT is a good choice. I don't yet have an RT because of cost and because my dealer says it will void my warranty. But keep in mind my dealer couldn't fix a bread sandwich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts