Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the new H-D proximity alarm system P/N 68207-07? I bought one on ebay for my 2004 VRSC-A, came NIB but the instructions refer to both the Service Manual (which I have) and the Electrical Diagnostic Manual (which I don't have). Don't want to buy one from Aussie H-D stealer so can anyone help me with the instructions on how to synch the system with the bike? It uses a key fob that doesn't have a push button so the instructions in the Owners Manual don't work. Sheesh!

·
Registered
340 Posts
The H-D site specifies "Fits '07-later VRSC™, Dyna® and Softail® models."
I suspect the ECU has changed for 2007 models which is why it will not work with earlier models.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Tel said:
The H-D site specifies "Fits '07-later VRSC™, Dyna® and Softail® models."
I suspect the ECU has changed for 2007 models which is why it will not work with earlier models.
The '07 bikes also have many of the electrical components relocated and switched to Molex connectors so it might just be connection incompatibility.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, the local stealer confirmed it ain't gonna work with my '04 because of the ECU change. It's up on Ebay at the moment but if anyone with an '07 model wants to make me an offer, PM me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts