Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled this off of my wife's Nightster before I sold it. It works fine with no problems-- you simply pull up to your garage door and flip your headlight switch from Low to High to Low to trigger the garage door. I'm fairly certain that this is the same kit I installed on my old Street Rod, but I can't confirm that for certain.

Instructions included.

Please read information below from H-D before you purchase to make sure it works on your bike and garage door opener.

Includes both the Transmitter (hard wires into bike) and Receiver (plugs into garage power outlet)

From H-D:

Compatible with most brands of automatic openers. This kit allows you to operate your door by cycling the bike's high beam switch.

Hidden transmitter taps into bike's wiring harness and is powered by vehicle battery, so there are no transmitter batteries to replace.

When key is switched off, the transmitter is disabled, providing added garage security if bike is parked outside.

Signal is sent to the in-garage receiver that plugs into a standard outlet and is wired to the automatic opener.

Receiver's rolling code technology provides additional security.

NOT COMPATIBLE with Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ or Sears Craftsman Assurelink garage door openers.

Fits 2011-2017 Softail models, 2012-Later Dyna models and 2014-Later Sportster models require separate purchase of an Electrical Connection Harness (Part No. 72673-11).

2018-Later Softail models require separate purchase of an Electrical Connection Harness (Part No. 69201599A).

2014-2016 Touring models require separate purchase of an Electrical Connection Harness (Part No. 69200722).

2017-Later Touring models require separate purchase of an Electrical Connection Harness (Part No. 69201599A).

2014-Later Street models require separate purchase of a six-way Deutsch socket housing (Part No. 72136-94GY), a secondary lock (Part No. 72156-94), two socket terminals (Part No. 72191-94) and four seal pins (Part No. 72195-94).

$60 shipped CONUS. Payment via PP F&F or add fees.

R.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts