Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you have tried this but I bought the adapter brackets on Ebay and mounted Gixer 600 front brakes on my 04B model. Couldn't be happier. Very firm feel and much better stopping power. Had to switch it to Dot 4 fluid tho. I had tried the HD Brembo and wasn't happy.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I don't know how many of you have tried this but I bought the adapter brackets on Ebay and mounted Gixer 600 front brakes on my 04B model. Couldn't be happier. Very firm feel and much better stopping power. Had to switch it to Dot 4 fluid tho. I had tried the HD Brembo and wasn't happy.
Got a link to the brackets?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the bracket info

This is what I bought. THey have them in black or polished. Fits perfectly the first time!

About this product
Product Identifiers

Brand
Speed Merchant
Manufacturer Part Number
SM-HDRBM11.5DDP
eBay Product ID (ePID)

Additional Product Features

Part Type
Radial Front Brake Caliper Mount

Calipers were also ebay. Lots to chose from I think I paid like $80 for calipers, lever and master cylinder and lines. THe master cylinder is smaller diameter so I used the stock HD one. Lines as well.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
OK, so you fitted brakes sized for a 400lb bike onto a 650lb bike. Just because something can be done does not mean that it should be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it works for me

Well Gator, I've owned 3 v-rods, both Brembo and non Brembo and this one stops a LOT better now.The same calipers used on many bikes including gixr 1000 which is much more powerful and is heavier than 400 lb. But anyway to each their own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts