Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bad news, on my way from IL to Maine I lost it around a corner in WV. Anyway, I'm in a lobby of a hotel so I have time to kill. I'm taking guesses on what the repair cost will be, 0 up to totaled. I'm fine of course and if this one is a lost I will more than likely pick up another.

http://picasaweb.google.com/olivr2/DXCrash

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
seeing that it's an '09DX, I don't believe it will be totalled. With HD labor and parts costs I'm guessing $6k

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing it's not totaled and will be hopefully loading it in a truck tonight heading back to IL.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hard to tell from just the photos. If you don't repair it yourself, and have HD do it, many thousands. Many...Hope you are alright. Bikes are easier to repair than a body.

Phatass

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Glad you are alright. How the fock do you bend the sissy bar like that?
They'll total it. Labor costs. Time for a new one! Joe

·
Chad
263 Posts
I'm guessing closer to 8 grand if not more. Stealership here charges $500.00 just for the appraisal!

·
Registered
568 Posts
That's about 5500 to 6000 there.

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got it loaded in the truck, heading back to IL in the morning

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the wet stuff was oil and .......... 15,5 was the estimate. If you look at the head on pic I bent the frame at the front wheel so I guess it was pretty bad.

FYI, like many of you said the dealer wanted 600 to give an estimate so I called around and the dealer in Bloomington, IL did it for $100. I know the insurance will pay but I could bring myself to let them rip them off like that. Crazy if you ask me.

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
Total right off less depreciation

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
with a 15.5k estimate... TOTALLED.. Can you post up the quote & list of parts?

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will see if I can get a copy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts