Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have a vericom (link).... little more expensive but much more highly accurate. The one gtech I tested wasn't accurate enough to be used IMHO. I do not know about the current Gtechs that have to be plugged into an OBD-II port but the early ones operated strictly off a g meter so all they needed was a cigarette lighter plug to plug into, because they operate strictly off a G meter then it does not care if it is on a bike or car or whatever as long as you keep the front wheel down.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have an older Gtec that worked pretty good I thought. I used it in my hot rod elky and it would show the 1/4 mile et within a 10th of the actual track time. For me that was ok. If you know the vehicle weight it will come close to it's HP. It's been a while so I don't remember what the exact difference was. The newer ones are more user friendly and have a little different set of features I believe.

HMMMM, maybe I should put it on the bike and see how it does, I already know the rwhp so I could do a comparison. Not really up to the starting line process in my arthritic old age though. In the elky it was easy, just mash the pedal and run a 12.5 pretty consistantly.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
i like the looks of the gtec

1 - 4 of 4 Posts