Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking at ordering tires from petes-superbike.com .Many of the local shops won`t install tires they don`t sell .Anyone know any shops that will do the tires in the GTA .I really don`t want the hassle of taking the rims off the bike .I prefer the shop to do it . Whats the cost these days .

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered tires for my aw and they had a pretty good deal on them. $420 taxes in + $40/tire installed and balanced. $70/tire wheels still on the bike.

Talk to Chris.

http://www.powersports.ca

That is pretty close to what it will cost me from Petes .

Did they used Dynabeads to balance the tires ?

Does anyone know the phone number of Ted Ronsenthal who installs tires in the west GTA ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had Jacox install my tire when I ordered it from Pete. I needed my fork tube covers put on as well so I just had Jacox do it all.

A couple of years ago when I got my first 260 they weren't comfortable doing the job but I guess they've gotten a few under their belt since then.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I had Jacox install my tire when I ordered it from Pete. I needed my fork tube covers put on as well so I just had Jacox do it all.

A couple of years ago when I got my first 260 they weren't comfortable doing the job but I guess they've gotten a few under their belt since then.
What kind of tires did you get at Jacox and how much did they cost you + installation?

I went there and was quoted $ 800 for Avon Cobra's installed rofl...

·
Registered
379 Posts
What kind of tires did you get at Jacox and how much did they cost you + installation?

I went there and was quoted $ 800 for Avon Cobra's installed rofl...
Jacox just did the install and they did a decent job (no scratches on the rim).

I purchased the Metzler 260 from Pete's Superbikes. Can't remember how much but I believe it was cheaper than when I got my first 260 from the States.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What tires were you looking to order from petes? I am int he market for tires too and was considering the Avon 250, great deal at Petes for those. The Metz 260 a lil bit more.

I checked with HDTO to install front and rears, their cost is almost $250. Their price for the Metz was about $100 more than Petes.

I`m looking at ordering tires from petes-superbike.com .Many of the local shops won`t install tires they don`t sell .Anyone know any shops that will do the tires in the GTA .I really don`t want the hassle of taking the rims off the bike .I prefer the shop to do it . Whats the cost these days .

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What tires were you looking to order from petes? I am int he market for tires too and was considering the Avon 250, great deal at Petes for those. The Metz 260 a lil bit more.

I checked with HDTO to install front and rears, their cost is almost $250. Their price for the Metz was about $100 more than Petes.
I`m looking at the Avons .I`m in the same boat as you for the Meztlers .

This guy Ted Rosenthall comes highly recommend . I was told he charges $40 a wheel on the bike .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Have you looked at the Michelin Scorchers? They came stock on my 2011 and I have to say they perform quite well, cant say much about durability because the damn nail took the tire while I still had a 75% tread left. But they are as pricy as the Metz. From what I hear the Avons perform well and the price is great.

My bikes at the dealership now but ill have to keep the Ted guy in mind for next time.

I`m looking at the Avons .I`m in the same boat as you for the Meztlers .

This guy Ted Rosenthall comes highly recommend . I was told he charges $40 a wheel on the bike .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey mate,

Do you happen to remember what Jacox charged you for installing the fork tube covers? Hrs or dollars

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered tires for my aw and they had a pretty good deal on them. $420 taxes in + $40/tire installed and balanced. $70/tire wheels still on the bike.

Talk to Chris.

http://www.powersports.ca/
You got a great deal . I called today and was quoted $550+ tax . I was also told the Metzlers are back ordered till about August .

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any new locations for install . I'm ready to install new tires again .

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Call Aviation http://www.aviationmotorcycle.com

They are at Lakeshore and Cawthra

I'm not 100% sure they'll install outside tires, but they might. They do great work on the VRod there.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Call Aviation http://www.aviationmotorcycle.com

They are at Lakeshore and Cawthra

I'm not 100% sure they'll install outside tires, but they might. They do great work on the VRod there.
Gave him a try .He will only do tires that are bought at his store.

Too bad he is so close by .

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My buddy went to champion cycle . He was happy with the service .I`m going tomorrow get my new Avons installed . Will report back tomorrow night .

·
Registered
168 Posts
pfbmgd....it's taken you 4yrs to get new tires?
Shame that Carl or Steve didn't take care of you at Aviation....business must be good to turn away Customers.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pfbmgd....it's taken you 4yrs to get new tires?
Shame that Carl or Steve didn't take care of you at Aviation....business must be good to turn away Customers.
On my third set since then . Carl is a true gentleman . Can`t say much about Steve . He wouldn`t install my own tires . Carl did the tuning on my Thundermax . Did a great job .

I think the place changed ownership .

·
Registered
168 Posts
I took a ride over to Aviation Motorcycles last weekend. They are no longer there!

After poking around it appears Steve is now at Wildside Motorcycles. Steve seems to be one of the few knowledgeable mechanics in the GTA when it comes to working on VROD's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts