Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to ake a long ride with the wife on the bike today. So what happens? 15 minutes into the ride it starts to handle funny. Pul over, FLAT TIRE! ^#%$&&^. I hang my jacket from the right hand mirror and sat down side saddle to call for a tow truck. Damn AAA leaves me on hold, so I stand up to walk around.Over goes the bike onto the right hand side. Scuffed handgrip, broken brake lever and a Quarter size dent in the airbox cover.More #$&^%*^&. Had it taken to Mikes. Gonna be more *^&$%#& when they call to tell me how much.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Hate to hear that Z16monte. Let us know how it comes out.

Max

·
Registered
765 Posts
Oh! Hate to hear that! At least it's all fixable.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Maybe the Flat tire Saved Your @ss Today!You could of ended up Much worse!Hang in there!:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK got the bike back today. Not feeling too bad. $374.00 for the brake lever + install and New rear tire = install. I take back some of the mean things I said about Mike's. The service manager is going to check on the orice of a new airbox cover, The blue ones have a part number but are'nt in the price list yet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just FYI, if you do want to purchase a new one there are several Dealerships that offer 20% off. Crystal River H-D in FL and Chicago H-D just to name two I think there are several others.

Dave

P.S. Been there done that. Last winter - polished it, added a few more chrome pieces and took a few pics in the yard, (with snow in the back ground). Then pulled it back into the garage; when to put a bike cover on it, I had just gotten, and while pull the cover over the front wheel the bike fall over, so I kinda know what you are feeling.

Good thing I sold the old dented cover on eBay for $50 less than the new cover cost me, but CR H-D was offering 25% off at that time, now down to only 20%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts