Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

How many interested in Chrome Dogs A$$ Group Buy?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that 3-15 has come upon us, chrome Dog A$$es are now available from Ozzy. Don't know if Ozz is interested just wanting to see how many of you guys would be interested?

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
How much are they :hitfan:

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In an e-mail to me @ one time Ozz quoted me around 275 (correct me if I am wrong Ozz). Maybe get a little better price if there was alot of interest. Never know only Ozzy could answer that

·
Registered
268 Posts
i would likely get one with the right price. hate that thing, and haven't figured out which way i want to fix the problem.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I have orderd a new butt of the canine to modify and then have chromed.The part will not be here until friday.When I get it ready I'm interested.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
I got rid of mine, no feelings of bringing it back.
When you can get a side mount plate for around $100

Sorry but its kind of like polishing a turd IMHO :kaz:

But i will admit it looks alot better chrome than stock.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I have to agree with Shawn. I too am not a big dog's ass fan. It was one of the first things I did to my bike. Mind you, saying that, it all depends on what the overall look is that you're going for. Furthermore, Darrellh might just prove me wrong. He's got his chromed and is installing it shortly. I look forward to seeing how it looks when it's installed.

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
jforbush - I think you've done this bassackwards. I mean before you put Ozzy on the spot why didn't you ask HIM first.
Ozzy is trying to make a go of his business, believe me he is already cutting some good deals with people. He's a sponsor of this site and up and beyond that -- he's a bro'.
I was probably one of the first to buy a set of skins from him and in my dealings with him I realized that he is a quality person -- anyone that has dealt with him will tell you that. I obviously don't speak for Ozzy, but I think it's a diservice to him to put him on the spot like this without even presenting him with it first.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I have to agree with Michael when it comes to GB's like this. I really think when it comes to a "personal" business like this we should contact the person first. It's not such a big deal when we are looking for GB's from dealers, but when it comes to individuals I think it's a different story.

A bit of deja vu hey Michael - I remember another GB that started like this ;)

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do apologize for any toes that may have been or will be stepped on. I guess what I was really trying to do was gauge interest. That way when I talked with Ozzy I would have an idea of how many orders I could tell him about. I really meant no harm, and Ozz, I am truly sorry if I offended you. This a mistake I will not repeat. Justin

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also think that Ozzy has a great reputation with the sight, and with the "brothers and sisters" here. I just purchased the chrome fuel cell covers and expect them today or tomorrow. When I get them mounted I will post some pics. From the pics I have seen I think he does the most unbelievable work I have seen. I just let my zeal make me look like an ass....Again I am truly sorry

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Hey, no worries on my part Justin. I think this GB thing still has a few "bugs" to get worked out. And I understand your excitement in getting new parts for the bike! :D
Sorry if I came down on ya too hard.

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
jforbush said:
Now that 3-15 has come upon us, chrome Dog A$$es are now available from Ozzy. Don't know if Ozz is interested just wanting to see how many of you guys would be interested?
Any pictures? I didn't see it on his site. Due to the snow, i have another week or two of no riding so I have the time to rip it off.

Post a pic or a link -- love to get that thang off already. I was ready to to a self-mod tomorrow with the cuttoff tool!

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
reichard said:
Any pictures? I didn't see it on his site. Due to the snow, i have another week or two of no riding so I have the time to rip it off.

Post a pic or a link -- love to get that thang off already. I was ready to to a self-mod tomorrow with the cuttoff tool!
Darrellh had his chromed. Here's the thread with his pics - I'm sure Ozzy's will look the same.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1705&page=3

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Yup, you're right fehrc.
When I was mod'ing out my bike, I made it a point to buy as much as I could from people that sponsored the Twin forum -- prior to Max's venture. When I look at guy's like Ozzy and Doc, people trying to make a go of it, I'll pay what they're asking for. Both have frontiered new territory and added a whole new dimension to an already incredible motorcycle.

I would encourage everyone to buy from sponsors of the site. This is not your average forum -- it's a gathering family of positive people. (Ya done good Max. Happy belated Birthday oh by the way!!!)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would be interested

1 - 16 of 16 Posts