Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on adding a cigarette adapter and connections for my Garmin for my upcomming Sturgis trip. Any suggestions where I can ground these? Negative pole of the battery is not an option. I tried there first, but with the led kit, keyless start and battery tender, the the bolt to the battery isn't long enough when I add these other 2 items.

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I ran my grounds to a bolt below the Fuse and relays at the rear of of the lower Airfilter box. The suggested it on the Arnott install i think so I ran 2 to that. I was told a long time ago that running to the Battery ground is not good for the Battery there should only be 1 lead to that. Power side is fine but ground should be Battery to Frame ,and the most your tender.

Even if you have to run a Ground Juction up from somewhere it's better then having the battery terminal bogged down.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
The top of the cyl heads have a ground connection. You could tap off one of those.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
not sure where you're pulling power from, but if directly off battery you wat to be sure that your adapter doesn't have an LED built into it. Otherwise, it will drain your battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.