Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a bike yet. I'm planning on getting a V-Rod in a fe wweeks. It took me a while to decide what I wanted. I initially wanted a FXDWG. But I really like the way the V-Rod looks, and being a musclecar guy, the performance of the V-Rod is more appealing.

I haven't ridden in a while; nearly 20 years. My last bike was a '85 Yamaha FJ1100. Prior to that I had a '84 Honda 450 Nighthawk (my first street bike). And prior to that, it was a '76 Yamaha YZ80. I didn't mototcross, I just rode it around the neighborhood and wherever I could.

I've been wanting a Harley for a while, and this year I decided I'm finally going to do it. So after a few weeks of "picking a bike out", I've decided I'm going to get a VRSCB.

I'll probably do most of my riding solo, but I have a wife and kids that I will enjoy having as passengers. So I'm interested in a more passenger-friendly seat, sissy-bar and backrest. Preferably a sissy-bar/backrest that's quickly detatchable. I'd also like to see a V-Rod with a sissy-bar/backrest. Anybody have any pics?

I don't like the stock wheels on the V-Rod too much. What are some options?

I looked at the H-D website to see what kind of accessories are available for the V-Rod. I noticed there was quite a selection, however it was mostly non-performance items. My interest in accessories and modifications mainly lies in enhancing engine performance. I didn't see much in that area - just exhaust and some computer tweaks. Are there better websites out there that can give me a clearer picture of what's available for the V-Rod's performance?

Thanks.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
SuperDave,

Welcome to the best site on the net for the V-Rod enthusiast :2cents :)

Spend some time searching this site for some of your answers and check out www.v-twinforum.com as well.

Once youv'e narrowed down your questions then post them one at a time in the appropriate forum headings for the best response.

Enjoy, we're glad to have you even though you don't have your V-Rod yet ;)

Mark

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I agree with Mark. This is one of (if not the best) forum for the V-Rod owner! All of the members are eager to help you spend your money! ;) And create your perfect bike!

Have you decided on the color of your new baby???

-Bry

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I want it in black (it'll then match my '87 Grand National and my '88 Mustang 5.0 which is also black).

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Welcome, kick off your shoes and have a drink with us.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Welcome,
Lots of stuff to occupy your time, and $$$$ here!

Mike

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome lyonsd, glad to have you here with us.

Max

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I think black is the only way to go with the VRSCB. I have seen the orange at a local dealership, and IMO it is butt ugly. Haven't seen the silver yet, but I'm sure that the black is the clear winner.

-Bry

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Does my Dad know your Mother?:eek: Name,Bike,Mustang!We must be related!;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ok I'll bite ....where's Flowery Branch GA.....Welcome !

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
SuperDave+SuperKaz=Brothers?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Are you New?:rolleyes: You will find we like to joke around and Bust each other Balls around here!That means we Like you!!!;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Super Kaz said:
You will find we like to joke around and Bust each other Balls around here!
Great! I'll be right at home here if that is the case!

Well, here I am at my mom's house in Illinois visiting. I was checking the nearby H-D dealers online, and the closest one is Ted's H-D/Buell in Alton, IL. And they also listed having a black VRSCB in stock. So I hopped in the car with the kids just to go check it out.

Man, it looks even better in person. Price was $17515.

If I buy one I'll most likely buy it in Georgia. But at least I don't have to wait until next weekend before I can check one out.

There was also an orange one with a bigger seat and a backrest. That'll probably be the first mod I do to mine, because I will want to take my wife and kids for rides.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
The Black Black is very nice.Have you put in an order for one or are just hoping to get lucky?I would just buy that one and ride it Home!;)

·
4,638 Posts
KAZ.... Are you BUSTING BALLS again .......:wazzup :wazzup

1 - 20 of 32 Posts