Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new V-Rod Muscle delivered today. I traded my 2007 Dyna Low Rider w/stage 4 engine.

Red Hot Sunglo (yes - it's a 2010 model, but brand new).

I've gone from not really liking the design of the Muscle to beeing a keen fan. I needed some time to let it grow on me.

Today it's snowing and the roads are icy. However spring is coming and I expect to ride within a couple of weeks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome, beautiful bike! I bought mine brand new a couple of months ago and it was a brand new '09 model. Enjoy it as much as possible, and I will enjoy mine alot today since it's going to be 81 degrees!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dude"...........

Welcome to the club, i got mine in 09' one of the first in my city, i now have 30000 km in two candian riding seasons and JUST went for the first ride of the season yesterday, still snow on the ground but i could not wait any longer!

Not to sound like your mom....but respect the machine, it has a little "twist of cain" and will bite you if you dont pay attention....

Enjoy my friend, and ride safe !

·
Registered
821 Posts
That dog's a$$ must help keep the water off your back in the rain. Is that an HD part, or aftermarket?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
That dog's a$$ must help keep the water off your back in the rain. Is that an HD part, or aftermarket?
It's the European DA, to mount their license plate on. No side mounts allowed, so I've heard.

Congrats on the bike. I love the color.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It's the European DA, to mount their license plate on. No side mounts allowed, so I've heard.

Congrats on the bike. I love the color.
Thanks for the info. I actually like that look better than the side mount.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes friends here in europe the lecense plate must be mounted on the rear side of the v-rod....mine will be on the left side,so i'm an outlaw :D

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Smile

I got my new V-Rod Muscle delivered today. I traded my 2007 Dyna Low Rider w/stage 4 engine.

Red Hot Sunglo (yes - it's a 2010 model, but brand new).

I've gone from not really liking the design of the Muscle to beeing a keen fan. I needed some time to let it grow on me.

Today it's snowing and the roads are icy. However spring is coming and I expect to ride within a couple of weeks
Congrats on the new Machine.:them:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First testrun

I had my first testrun last evening when I drove about 10 miles. What can I say - what a different beast from my former bikes (the latest a 2007 Low Rider w/stage 4 engine). Like all first rides of the season this one was rather clumsy in the sense that things do not flow as well as you might wish. Different seating, feet forward, stiff gearing, new reach to the handlebars made me feel like a beginner all over. This was to be expected.

I'm naturally running the machine in, so it's easy going. Still I got a feel for the push in this bike. It's snowing today, but hopefully this will change during the weekend. Can't wait to get better aquainted with "Useless IV". :moped:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome! Info here will make your ownership of this bike more enjoyable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts