Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Teppo. I just bought a brandnew 2003 V-Rod Anniversery. The V-Rod ist my 10th Harley-Davidson. From the others i liekd most my E-Glide with Screaming Eagle Parts and my Dyna FXDX with Big Bore Engine. I hope the V-Vrod will be the best of all. I'm thinking about a windshield and a bigger fuel tank. Does anybody know a serious solution for more fuel capacity? I would be happy if someone could help me.
Have a nice day, Teppo

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome Teppo, the windshield seems to have a lot of options. The fuel area we are still stuck at this time but I'm sure it won't be long before someone expands the tank to fill some of the open space infront of the tire that we have now and up higher into the fender area.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: What took you so long?;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome to the Forum !
Alot to read here .
Plenty to see too.
BobT

·
Registered
598 Posts
Gutten Tag, Wie Gehts!

Welcome, sorry about my poor German. I hope Hamburg is a pleasant place to ride your V-Rod. If I remember correctly when I was there I saw allot of :) graffiti so it can not be that bad. Mabe that was Berlin I drank way to much beer when I was there so I forget.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks at all for the warm wellcome. Yes, Hamburg has a lot of graffities - too much, i hate graffities on my house... Hamburg is no ideal place for motorcycling. No curves around. But we have the autobahn, so you can drive 120 miles an more (if the traffic is ok) in less than an hour. After two hours you are in the "harz", where you can find some smaller hills. With normal Harleys you are the slowest driver on the autobahn, Light-Trucks will pass you with 100 miles/hour. So i need the windshield for some fast kilometers with Highspeed. But when i drive higher speed, i think the V-Rod will need a lot of fuel, so that i have to stop at every second gasonlienstation. Let's have a look, if Hamburg is the right place for fast Harleys.
Teppo

·
V-iking
13 Posts
Hi Teppo!
Here's some welcome-information:
There's a firm here in Sweden who is working on a larger fuel-tank they gonna have for sale when the winter is over. I read it in the latest issue of the swedish magazine MCM, who has an article called "Six Sexy V-rod's". :D The firm's name is Apes & Flames, and you can find them at:

Apes & Flames
Motorborgen plan 5
Johan Enbergs väg 2
171 61 Solna
Ph: 08-27 30 40
Fax: 08-27 17 47

This is just north of Stockholm. And that's my friend, is not far from Hamburg! I tryed to find a web page but I don't think they got one yet. The shop is pretty new.
Good luck!:)

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
Hallo Teppo,

ich komme aus Buchholz/Nordheide und bei uns gibt es gute Kurven...kennen wir uns von HD-Suck?
(We live in the same area.)

Concerning the bigger fuel tank:
There already exists a solution by www.custom-ranch.de
It is an extra cylindrical stainless steel tank which is strapped on to the rear seat. It has 11 liters content.
I too would appreciate it to gain more milage by more fuel capacity on board but to be honest my arse hurts so bad after one/two hours that I decided to keep the existing system.

Jan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hallo Jan Dirk, HD Suck is my Dealer too, since over 10 Years. May be, we have seen us.
I know the custom-ranch solution, but i don't like it, because i can't take my wife with me and it doesn't look realy good. I am interestet in the swedish idea.
Teppo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts