Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great to be a Harley owner and member of this Group. I found a 2005 VROD with 1,930 original miles. HD Custom Blue Flame paint. She is gorgeous.

On my FB page I tried to explain what it was like riding a VROD:

"Culture Shock. Unlike any other V-Twin I've driven.

Driving it for the first time out of town in heavy traffic, I started getting afraid...very afraid. At lower rpms it seems lethargic, hesitant. Once out on the highway you can pick your spot and pull out to pass. Holy Shit! After you pass 4K on the tach, lookout and hold on. SERIOUS POWER".

This makes muscle cruiser #3 in the stable. My other 2 are a Kawasaki Mean Street, Yamaha Raider and now this VROD. The VROD is a serious blast.

-Kahn

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome!!! You will find this to be a great community with most of the answers you need.

You will learn how to ride the Vrod in a way that it is fun at any RPM and traffic condition :)

You have a pretty healthy stable. I know the Word says Im not supposed to judge but when I read your cruiser line up my first thought was, "hes single for sure." Married men be :broke:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!!! You will find this to be a great community with most of the answers you need.

You will learn how to ride the Vrod in a way that it is fun at any RPM and traffic condition :)

You have a pretty healthy stable. I know the Word says Im not supposed to judge but when I read your cruiser line up my first thought was, "hes single for sure." Married men be :broke:
LMAO Karl! I'm actually retired. I offloaded my Ex who hates Bikes and found a Partner who is scared of them...BUT! She loves that I love to ride and encourages it. (The secret to success)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Kahn welcome! I too am retired. Multiple bikes but the VRSCF has become my favorite in a short time. In 27 years of marriage my wife has ridden with me twice! If I'm making a long trip she will fly or drive and meet me there. Works great!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad we can all joke about things! One of the best parts of this community.

IM not retired or anywhere near it but do have 4 young kids and a supportive wife who often says, "hun you should go for a ride and clear your head."

She knows the power of the 2 wheeled therapy :)

I should also confess I have multiple bikes. My other pony is a 1991 Harley FXR with a stout 80 cube...(or I used to think it was fast until I got the Vrod and now realize how slow it really is.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kahn welcome! I too am retired. Multiple bikes but the VRSCF has become my favorite in a short time. In 27 years of marriage my wife has ridden with me twice! If I'm making a long trip she will fly or drive and meet me there. Works great!
Works out perfect. BTW, you mentioned VRSC"F". Is there any consensus on which V-ROD model designation is the best?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.