Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
USCG
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to get rid of a green/white etching that occurs when washing the anodized V ? thank u....

-the wife thought she was doing me a favor when I went on ADT orders so I could come home to a clean V, but she used some degreaser and etched my bike......-

somehow she got the solid disks to look real good....

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
strip the anodized and start over..

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
I'm sure whatever it was it chemically reacted with the anodize and to my knowledge there is no fixing that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did she use Simple Green I have used it for years sprayed it on mag wheels engine compartment never had a problem. Wife gets a new car I take it to the car wash spray the wheels with simple green wheels turn greenish brown it was permanent couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't mean to hijack here but I was wondering if my usual Honda Polish (Original Bike Spirits spray) that I have been using for years is good on the aluminum skins.

Thanks

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
the skins/tins are anodized.. mild soap and water is all you need to put on it. . when you clean or polish your tins, you aren't technically polishing aluminum you are polishing the coating. how bad is it? pics?
http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/665.cfm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts