Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Born to be mild
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others, some times I enjoy listening to my IPod while riding the V-Rod (1130cc). This usually requires selecting an album or playlist and turning it up to the highest volume expected to be necessary until the next stop, putting the IPod in your jacket pocket then no more changes allowed. Well, today I first used a product called IJet (check out www.abtech2.com) , it consists of an adapter that plugs in to the ass end of your IPod and a small remote unit (approx the size of the HD security fob). This remote has five functions FF forward and back (next song or previous song) Volume up and down, and pause/play. It has a small clip that can be easily ‘velcro-ed’ to your handle bars. I think this is a fabulous product for use on the bike, but also found it is fantastic in the car and in the living room.

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
56 Posts
The ijet remote is a great product. I bought mine off Amazon. Velcroed the remote to the top of the left fork tube so easy to reach. Works great, can adjust volume, pause, fast forward with just a touch.

·
Registered
203 Posts
rwswanson said:
Like many others, some times I enjoy listening to my IPod while riding the V-Rod (1130cc). This usually requires selecting an album or playlist and turning it up to the highest volume expected to be necessary until the next stop, putting the IPod in your jacket pocket then no more changes allowed. Well, today I first used a product called IJet (check out www.abtech2.com) , it consists of an adapter that plugs in to the ass end of your IPod and a small remote unit (approx the size of the HD security fob). This remote has five functions FF forward and back (next song or previous song) Volume up and down, and pause/play. It has a small clip that can be easily ‘velcro-ed’ to your handle bars. I think this is a fabulous product for use on the bike, but also found it is fantastic in the car and in the living room.

Can you post the pic how did you attach it to your handle bars?

Thanks,
George

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
203 Posts
It looks great. Is it just a velcro that holds it or there is some clamp?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is mounted to a aluminum plate that is secured to the bar with two plastic clamps. I made the plate out of 2 inch by 1/8 aluminum flat bar and cut it to fit. I used plastic clamps as the were thin enough to fit between the bar and the clutch fluid reservoir.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Blurod said:
It is mounted to a aluminum plate that is secured to the bar with two plastic clamps. I made the plate out of 2 inch by 1/8 aluminum flat bar and cut it to fit. I used plastic clamps as the were thin enough to fit between the bar and the clutch fluid reservoir.

You could market that liitle mounting device.

That Ijet remote is awesome, there are some other nice products on that web page as well.

Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
From the pictures I saw on the www.abtech2.com site, the adaptor will block the use of earbuds being connected to the bottom of the Ipod (at least on the smaller Ipods like the nano. Is this correct or am I missing something in the pictures?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
MurphysLaw said:
From the pictures I saw on the www.abtech2.com site, the adaptor will block the use of earbuds being connected to the bottom of the Ipod (at least on the smaller Ipods like the nano. Is this correct or am I missing something in the pictures?
There are 2 different styles for Nano's, one you can see has a Notch taken out of it I assume for headphones.
http://www.abtech2.com/iJetiPodNano_FAQ.html

·
Registered
922 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts