Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Great News!!!!!!!

1K views 39 replies 35 participants last post by  synseer 
#1 ·
Wow, what a day. A few hours ago I was dealing with the fact that I was probably about to be un-employed when lo and behold, I get a call for an interview from the company that is taking over my contract. Well, not only do they want me to stay but they want to pay me 10k more a year and want me to work 4, 10 hour shifts a week. God truly exists. At my lowest point he came through for me and my resume enticed my new employer to seek me specifically for the position. I learned a lot in these past few hours.
#1, after this contract ends 5 years from now I'm getting out of it. I cant handle sweating my job every few years. And #2, I need to finish college. This was a HUGE wake-up call for me to finish school. I only need 1 1/2 years more for a BS of BA. I want to thank all of you who posted your kind words of support and advice in my "Dark Clouds" thread. It really means a lot to someone like me to receive support from so many that have never met me. Truly, Thank You All.

Dustin

#2 ·
Great news. Getting my degree was the best thing I have ever done in my life. Glad to hear that you will be keeping the house and everything else.

#5 ·
Congratulations. It's taken some pretty hard times for me to realize that God is with me too. As far as finishing your college, GO FOR IT! I'm in that boat right now. 13 years in the Army, destroyed left knee...leaves me pretty much sunk. I was blessed with my current job when I came home from Europe, and the VA is paying for all of my college right now. It's rough working a full time job and going to school full time, but it sounds like your head is in the right place and you can do it! (I'd be a fool not to when I'm getting paid an extra $500 / month from the VA to go to Embry-Riddle Aero University!)
Keep your head up, wheels down, and never give up. Congrats on the new job!

#7 ·
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for a BEER!

#16 ·
You mean I had to spill my sob story for nothing?! :rofl:

Glad to hear the good news, though. We always are our own worst enemies in these cases. Stress is self-induced, after all. Full speed ahead, and be constantly aware that life is a roller-coaster ride, there are highs and there will be lows as well. The experience of going through it all is what maturity is all about!

Cheers to ya, best wishes for the next phase!

#19 ·
That is great. God does have a plan. We just aren't in on all the details.

#20 ·
Super news, If you speaking with the BIG guy anytime soon tell him to send me some..

#22 ·
I am very happy for you man.
Now, take your bike with your wife on the back on a leisurely ride up to Sandia Peak and have a beer at the restaurant up there; and celebrate your good fortune.:plause:

#25 ·
Sweet! Finish school and down the road you will make even more money! I am very happy for your bro..... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.