Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you Thundermax customers who are fed up and pissed off Daytona Twin Tec has a offer for you.

3 easy steps to rid yourself of the dreaded unit for once and for all!

1) Remove entire TM unit including oxygen sensors.
2) Box up and ship TM kit to Daytona Twin Tec in Florida
3) Send us $550.00 and you will receive a complete VRFID III kit w/ Wego III and Oxygen sensors in return and your tuning head aches will disappear.

This is amazing offer these units retail new for $875.00 alone!

http://www.daytona-twintec.com/VRFI.html

Contact me for questions!

[email protected] or M-F 8am-4pm EST @ (937)548-0511

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
This is almost unfair to T-Max....

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,418 Posts
Damn good deal !!! What will they give me for my PCIII ? :hidesbeh:

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o2man - Allen was beside himself when telling me the news yesterday morning!

Will - Agreed! :)

Stomper - I will give you a high five for that unit! HA

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
I utilize the thundermax, and havent really had any trouble with it. My bike is also turbo charged. Would this cause any issues in the switch over? Pluses or minus for switching. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I utilize the thundermax, and havent really had any trouble with it. My bike is also turbo charged. Would this cause any issues in the switch over? Pluses or minus for switching. Thanks for help.
We are no longer selling the T max to ANYONE. They are not a bad unit SOME of the time, but they have fallen way behind the curve in terms of camparison to the T/tec IMO.
The T max will not handle the higher boost pressures we are running where as the TT is good to 9400 rpm at 20+ lbs the TM is good for only 7800, on a good day.
For street the TM worked ok but still had its limitations. This is a smoking offer IMO, no disappointments!
I will add in all fairness that Bob the engineer at Zippers bent over backwards for us last yr. at Bonn. but the unit was not capable, Chris has also agreed to offer his support this year via phone if needed, so thanks to both. Tim Doherty

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Looks like I really have to consider switching over. Didnt want to spend the cash, even though this looks like a great deal.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
kaylieandme said:
I utilize the thundermax, and havent really had any trouble with it. My bike is also turbo charged. Would this cause any issues in the switch over?

Looks like I really have to consider switching over. Didnt want to spend the cash, even though this looks like a great deal.
make me understand, if your not having problems, then why switch?

your drinkin' to much kool-aid.

I will be switchin out the tmax soon too, because of the increase of CC's i will be doin soon.
along with the other stuff.

the "if it ain't broke, it needs fixin'" rule must apply here

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
We are no longer selling the T max to ANYONE. They are not a bad unit SOME of the time, but they have fallen way behind the curve in terms of camparison to the T/tec IMO.
The T max will not handle the higher boost pressures we are running where as the TT is good to 9400 rpm at 20+ lbs the TM is good for only 7800, on a good day.
For street the TM worked ok but still had its limitations. This is a smoking offer IMO, no disappointments!
I will add in all fairness that Bob the engineer at Zippers bent over backwards for us last yr. at Bonn. but the unit was not capable, Chris has also agreed to offer his support this year via phone if needed, so thanks to both. Tim Doherty
Thanks for sharing that TIM

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Wow super deal. I cant wait to got my VRFID3 and see the difference between the 2.

·
Registered
276 Posts
make me understand, if your not having problems, then why switch?

your drinkin' to much kool-aid.

I will be switchin out the tmax soon too, because of the increase of CC's i will be doin soon.
along with the other stuff.

the "if it ain't broke, it needs fixin'" rule must apply here
I would agree if its working well for you stay with it. Tim

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
My bike hasnt been turbocharged for that long of a time. Installed the end of last season, I havent been able to ride all that much with how much snow and such we got. I am utilizing others opinions, who have had more time using the t-max. Yes my bike was fine when it was stock, like most others, but since I have upgraded wanted to make sure I have the best possible tuner for my application.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
this deal comes out now , 4 weeks after i buy the daytona unit for the group bu price ,just to replace the tmax, , ive got a freaking tmax still sitting on my shelf , will they buy mine now

1 - 20 of 26 Posts