Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by NewRoc Harley in New Rochelle, NY to look at a vrod muscle, and not only was I allowed to test ride the bike before I put a deposit down, but they were (and still are) having a sale - 10% off all new and used bikes, minus cvos, of course. Everyone there was really nice and actually knowledgable. After reading so many horror stories, I figured I should share my positive experience with you guys (and gals)

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Nice to hear some good news about a dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Welcome!!! Just so you know, its the service after the sale that is the real issue!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
You're probably right. How many dealers will let anyone take a Muscle for a ride, much less a bikergal? Unless, of course, she's smokin' hot !!!!!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Stopped by NewRoc Harley in New Rochelle, NY to look at a vrod muscle, and not only was I allowed to test ride the bike before I put a deposit down, but they were (and still are) having a sale - 10% off all new and used bikes, minus cvos, of course. Everyone there was really nice and actually knowledgable. After reading so many horror stories, I figured I should share my positive experience with you guys (and gals)
In the snow??? :angeldev:

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
yes, it has beening frigid here for the last week! 30 degree like with cold wind chill factor. Maybe the test ride was three weeks ago? It probably was not today.

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
Guys:
I have NOTHING but good things to say about this dealership. I DID NOT buy my bike from them, but THEY did warrantee my defective front rotors that were warped. (my selling dealer and a sister dealer in NJ told me that rotors were wear items and they would not warrantee them) I live on Staten Island, NY one of the 5 boros of NYC and this place is a good hour from me. (they are just outside The Bronx) The owner Jack, is also very good at answering back emails and told me he would honor the best online prices that you could find, again, excellent customer service.
BTW guys, I rode all this week into work except today, only because there was a slight coating of snow on the ground outside this morning at 0530. I have heated grips on both my bikes and have an accessory socket to plug in my heated electric vest, you really know and appreciate being alive when you ride on these cold windy days.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Well,did you buy one?

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
Yes, I'm curious, did you buy the bike from them Bikergal?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Service has never been an issue for me at my Dealership!

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
Guys:
I have NOTHING but good things to say about this dealership. I DID NOT buy my bike from them, but THEY did warrantee my defective front rotors that were warped. (my selling dealer and a sister dealer in NJ told me that rotors were wear items and they would not warrantee them) I live on Staten Island, NY one of the 5 boros of NYC and this place is a good hour from me. (they are just outside The Bronx) The owner Jack, is also very good at answering back emails and told me he would honor the best online prices that you could find, again, excellent customer service.
BTW guys, I rode all this week into work except today, only because there was a slight coating of snow on the ground outside this morning at 0530. I have heated grips on both my bikes and have an accessory socket to plug in my heated electric vest, you really know and appreciate being alive when you ride on these cold windy days.
I rode winters when I was 21, fresh out of the Army and did not have a car. I am assuming you sir, are just a polar bear. I have to know how far is your commute?

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
I rode winters when I was 21, fresh out of the Army and did not have a car. I am assuming you sir, are just a polar bear. I have to know how far is your commute?
Ernie:
I am down to one car so my wife has it. My commute to work on either of my bikes is just about 30 minutes each way. I hate to admit this, but I have ridden in temps at right about 25-32 degrees. Did that a few years ago with my BMW buddies on a Sunday morning and was out for at least 6 or 7 hours. Even with heated gear, I came back home FROZEN in my feet and the tops of my hands. I was pretty well bundled and was fine for most of the day, the last hour or two was the hard part. I would have ridden the rest of this week, but a co worker literally twisted my arm to give me rides in.
I work for the transit system but REALLY, REALLY hate using the bus to get into work. Once I use mass transit, have to tack another 20-30 minutes to the commute.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts