Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Been reading some of the posts for awhile now and didn't think I had anything to say that was worth reading, but am impressed with the friendly, helpful atmosphere I see.
You should all be commended.
Enough of that.
Bought my 02 Rod in 02, when I was forced to sell my Big bore,pc2,v&h duece because of a medical emergency with my boy.
That year some friends and I planned our yearly trip to Deals Gap, so I needed a bike in a hurry and ended up with the Rod. Needless to say was a little skeptical about the new H.D. But when I got down to the Dragon and experienced this awesome machine the grin has not left my face since. Have not had the coin to do much in the way of mods, but am planning to go Supertrapp,PC and K&N real soon. The dealer tells me this is the best way to go for my dollar tolerance. Is this true? What affect will this have on my mileage if any? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all! Keep it pure.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome from another new member. Ditto on the friendly gang. Sounds like the forum gained another friendly person.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome Mento, this forum is a wealth of information and some of the best people you will ever get to know. Thanks to Max for putting it together for us and all the other admins that help to keep it running.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
mento.. Welcome you might want to look hard at that pipe if you like riding the Dragon. I have the v-mods and they will drag without much trouble,and they set much higher.Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exhaust

VrodG said:
mento.. Welcome you might want to look hard at that pipe if you like riding the Dragon. I have the v-mods and they will drag without much trouble,and they set much higher.Just my :2cents:
Thanks for the welcome and help.
Will the VMods give the same H.P.
Liked the sound of the trapps
Don't have speakers on my PC at work

mento

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Mento ....With all the info I've seen posted there is no big difference in HP between the two pipes. The v-mods keep the stock look which is a big plus in my book.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
exhaust

VrodG said:
Mento ....With all the info is seen posted there is no big difference in HP between the two pipes. The v-mods keep the stock look which is a big plus in my book.
thanks man

mento

1 - 11 of 11 Posts