Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the GRcustoms rear turn signal relocation brackets on their bike, while running the Arnott Air ride shocks?

If so do you know of a step by step for this, and/or have power point slides showing it?

Brackets in question are sold/posted here:

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/produc...roducts_id=302

EDIT:

Ok, so the first pic is of an above shot of the shocks with the bolt still installed on the bike. If you look at the silver/gray washers on the bolts, these will not come off the botl. So they cannot be removed and the brackets put in there place.

This next pic is of the brackets for the new rear turn signals. The holes the bolt go through, are to small and would requir drilling for a larger bolt.

If the new bolts are used, I fear they would snap while riding due to them being smaller in diamator than the stock Arnott bolts. On of them is fliped over just to show the grove for wires.

The next pic is off the GRcustoms site, and shows how they are mounted with spring style shocks. So I could use these due to me running Progresive 440s, but my bud (the bike they were for) is running the Arnotts.

If anyone has used these brackets with Arnotts, please give me some insight.

Anyone else please feel free to comment also.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The link didn't work but I found the ones I think you meant. They are the same as the rizoma ones I had and they are a piece of cake to install. You just have to remove the shock bolt (helps if the bike is on a lift to take the pressure off the shock) and replace the spacer with the relocation bracket. There is a nut on the inside of the fender and you may have to hold that while snugging the bolt back up.

It will not look right with the stock lights so you want to get new ones where the wires go through the bolt. I got pretty cheap ebay ones and they are great. BUT if you get LED ones you need to get a load balancer as well (making it less cheap). Even with wiring this is probably an hour job tops even if you go slow.

I don't have the arnotts but I have the smooth rides and had no problem with it.

-Keith

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the issue, and I think they are going to just be returned and the new rear turn signals install directly on to the fender. IE holes drilled in the sides of the fender for the light.

The issue is this.

1. The Arnott bolts that come with the shocks, are larger in diameter.

2. The washers on the Arnott bolts are built into the bolt, IE you cannot use the bolts and take the washers off the bolt.

3. The Arnott bolts will not fit through the relocation brackets, the holes drilled into the brackets are to small for the Arnott bolts.

4. The longer bolts that are bought with the brackets, are no smooth like the Arnott bolts, also they will snap being smaller in diameter than the stock Arnott bolts, too much on the smaller bolts.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Can you post a pic? I make a version of the relocation brackets and may be able to machine something...

-Keith

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i am using that set up.. you will have to drill out the brackets a bit, and make sure the spacing is the same but it is not that bad. don't give up.. it is a much better look than drilling a hole in your fender..

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EDIT:

Ok, so the first pic is of an above shot of the shocks with the bolt still installed on the bike. If you look at the silver/gray washers on the bolts, these will not come off the botl. So they cannot be removed and the brackets put in there place.

This next pic is of the brackets for the new rear turn signals. The holes the bolt go through, are to small and would requir drilling for a larger bolt.

If the new bolts are used, I fear they would snap while riding due to them being smaller in diamator than the stock Arnott bolts. On of them is fliped over just to show the grove for wires.

The next pic is off the GRcustoms site, and shows how they are mounted with spring style shocks. So I could use these due to me running Progresive 440s, but my bud (the bike they were for) is running the Arnotts.

If anyone has used these brackets with Arnotts, please give me some insight.

Anyone else please feel free to comment also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts