Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 7 years, I've changed the shifter on my Ducati's to GP shifting... that is 1st gear up and 2nd through 4th is down, reversed from the normal set up...

The reason sportbikers do this, is so that when they're shifting in a sharp left hand turn their toes are above the shifter and not below to scrape.

IF I'm every leaning a DX that hard, I'm probably scraping hard parts anyway so the point is really mute...

I'm just used to this GP shifting is all...

Can the shifting be reversed on the DX? Anyone done it?

I had a Triumph 955i that you basically just unbolted the shifter lever, turned it upside down and reattached it... on my Ducati, I had to fabricate a small 1/2" aluminum spacerto accomodate the flip of the shifter.

I'm sure it can be done on the DX, just dont know if its an easy unbolt/bolt op or if I have to fab another spacer.

BTW, GP shifting usually screws up bike thieves :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
The only thing that I could think of doing is like what you were doing on the Duc's. fab up a little bracket that will attach to the upper part of the shifter above the pivot point for the shifter lever and it should do what you want it to if I am thinking right. Just have to make sure that you have enough clearance for the shifter rod and that the length will work ok. But, should work, in theory. But, in theory communism works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts