Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this happens to most all of us that have a V-Rod, But I really get a kick out of it when someone comes to compliment my DX. Its always something like; "man thats sick!" or "is it really a Harley?, I didnt know they made those". "I want one of those" is my favorite.
I rode sportbikes for 22yrs, and always did plenty of performance mods, but the most I would get would be kids "thats cool".
With the DX ALL ages walk up, or across the parking lot, even had one guy follow me 2 blocks to a gas station just to see what it was, and that he "wants one".
Havent even done alot to mine yet
Gotta love it!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Brother, just like you it happens all the time with me and I own a 2003 VSCA. Soooo, set back and enjoy the compliments for many more years to come.

·
VRSCDX Comuter
392 Posts
had a guy walk up to me as a was getting prepared to leave work on my DX. he just stood and gazed for a while and then he just said; man, "thats a f...ing monster!" :D

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
does bring a smile to your face. Only if HD knew how to market and capitalize on all the public interest in this line of bikes.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Its funny when your not really in the mood to humor there conversations and try and avoid the person, but they cant wait to blurt out (what is that? Ive never seen one) ahaha then your grumpy mood turns into a good one :) these bikes are definately love or hate... I love mine...

·
Rocky Mountain Rider
341 Posts
Had a guy tell me it looked like it belonged in a Terminator movie... I enjoyed that

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I had a black dude (can we say that?) just about shittin' himself over the DX. It literally went on forever with multiple "knuckle smacks" and "hell naaaaws" until I busted out laughing and I asked him "would you like it as much it was painted all white?" His eyes got huge like silver dollars, then we laughed like hell and I received yet another high five and a heeeellll nooooooo!

·
Registered
118 Posts
My '03 is almost completely stock and draws attention every time I have it out. Hell, sometimes when I'm sitting around looking at it parked, I want to talk to myself about how awesome it looks. :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Recent comments I've heard;

By Dr. Dave,
I never saw anybody make a vrod look so small!:D

By an unnamed airhead rider,
I'd like to ride one of those sometime.

By an idiot airhead rider trying to start trouble, unsucessfully,
How you like that VTX?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Guy pulls up beside me in a pickup at a light.

You're too big for that bike, you should give it to a little guy.

Yeah, some little guy like you I suppose.

Haha, yeah, it'll fit in the back.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
The War Department and I went riding last Sunday. I had to stop at the other magistrate's office to drop off paperwork. John (one of my peers) came out to drool at the V. He said "David, man...that's a LOT of bike. Look at the size of that motor!" He decided to end his search for a '72 Vette and get a V instead. His kids have grown up and moved out, so the timing is good.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
MegaZ;2037949[B said:
]The War Department and I went riding last Sunday.[/B] I had to stop at the other magistrate's office to drop off paperwork. John (one of my peers) came out to drool at the V. He said "David, man...that's a LOT of bike. Look at the size of that motor!" He decided to end his search for a '72 Vette and get a V instead. His kids have grown up and moved out, so the timing is good.
How's General Patton?

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i love the compliments and people taken pics on their phones ,but its starting to shit me ,when nearlly everytime the same old question comes up, how much you spent on this beast , i used to tell em about half ,lol, and that still blows their mind ,but the knobheads forget this bike was 35000 off the show room floor stock standard ,the last couple of times ,ive been annoyed by an idiot with the question , i reply with, does ur wife like anal sex ,they stand back and look at me with disbelieve ,and i say well that is about as a personel question as u just asked me ,they dont ask again ,lmao

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
How's General Patton?
Technically she's still my fiancee. She'll be the War Department on January 16, but it feels like I'm already in battle.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
i reply with, does ur wife like anal sex ,they stand back and look at me with disbelieve ,and i say well that is about as a personel question as u just asked me ,they dont ask again ,lmao
Mine does. just sayin.. how much was your bike??? :dance:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts