Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my V-Lux exhaust from Toxic Choppers. Not the fastest order, but Great pipes:dance: :dance: Just what I wanted. Look great sound great, lighter. I dont know what proformance it gets but more free flow the stock so A little gain I'm thinking. I going to make a Video tommrow.

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
They look nice. I think you'll find that you loose a bit of power with them. True duals don't perform well on this motor.

·
Banned
654 Posts
i would be a little concerned that the different length between the short rear and the long front may cause a tuning problem. i would get the A/F checked on each pipe, otherwise i like the look:2cents:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have orered the foward control kit from V-mod because I have never like the mids. But there is no problem either on the pigs or the mids. I plan on getting it Dyno'd as soon as I get the PCIII I too have ordered from V-MOD.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
robb2269 said:
Just got my V-Lux exhaust from Toxic Choppers. Not the fastest order, but Great pipes:dance: :dance: Just what I wanted. Look great sound great, lighter. I dont know what proformance it gets but more free flow the stock so A little gain I'm thinking. I going to make a Video tommrow.
I think you might lose some HP with those pipes. I heard of another guy that put something like that on his bike and ended with 98 HP after dyno (was at low 80s before tune based on dyno - could be a tale). They look great though - keep us informed of dyno numbers.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
rjrivero said:
They look nice. I think you'll find that you loose a bit of power with them. True duals don't perform well on this motor.
:stupid: they do look pretty cool but i doubt you're gaining anything and more than likely losing a bit. but whatever, if you like them that's all that matters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like them. Not very technical minded but losing power was the first thing I thought when I saw them. Anyhow, they add to this model, very smooth and cool.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will post when I get Dyno'd, but I have not noticed any power loss. Still pulls all the way up the gears. I do have some crackling and poping now and then but hoping to get rid of that with the PCIII. I do realize 2 in 2 is not as good as 2 in 1, but these pipes were made on Matt Hotch's biker build off on dicovery channel where he was racing across the desert for speed. I don't know how much time he sent on designing them. We will see. If I'm down in the 80's I will be chasnging them.

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Your running it without a FI module? I guess it is cool for a little bit but with those pipes and a K&N you have to be running crazy lean right now. Good looking pipes though

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
robb2269 said:
I have orered the foward control kit from V-mod because I have never like the mids.
Do yourself a favor and go order a rear motor mount from an 07 DX,
p/n16299-01. When you take the mids off there is that annoying steel sleeve that they connect through and it is welded to the motor mount. It was only like $25-30 and well worth not having the eye sore.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
myneed4speed said:
Your running it without a FI module? I guess it is cool for a little bit but with those pipes and a K&N you have to be running crazy lean right now. Good looking pipes though
:them:

·
Registered
73 Posts
well i got my v-lux pipes today in the mail, got them one day early very happy.. alittle tricky putting them on but all in all about an hour sounds sick scott forgot to send me both baffles so right now running with none. took about 2 weeks to get them ( flat black ).. one question i have the pcIII its looking for djm file but the map he sent is a .map does anyone know how i get the pcIII to work with it.. thanks
P.S
if anyone wants a set of these pipes lmk i have some discount codes.. if you plan on going chrome i would ask for them bare and send out to a local chromer from what i see its the chrome pipes that are havin problems with time

J.P

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
jblaah89 said:
well i got my v-lux pipes today in the mail, got them one day early very happy.. alittle tricky putting them on but all in all about an hour sounds sick scott forgot to send me both baffles so right now running with none. took about 2 weeks to get them ( flat black ).. one question i have the pcIII its looking for djm file but the map he sent is a .map does anyone know how i get the pcIII to work with it.. thanks
P.S
if anyone wants a set of these pipes lmk i have some discount codes.. if you plan on going chrome i would ask for them bare and send out to a local chromer from what i see its the chrome pipes that are havin problems with time

J.P
Dude, did you have to make the same post in 5 different threads?

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Good looking pipes. Dont worry about the power loss if you like the look.
You do need to get a fuel managment device of some type. ASAP

·
Registered
73 Posts
did the pcIII with the tune scott sent. so far so good no stallin or any other problems and boy oh boy loud. you want loud pipes these are the way to go not sure how to post videos and pics on this forum if someone tells me how ill post them up

J.P

1 - 20 of 22 Posts