Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Turbohog,
Thats some MEAN Lookin $hit! :diablo: If it runs half as Good as it's gonna Looks it should be One Hell of a Ride! :thumb:

·
Spoolin
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I can say Kaz is that it is running better than it looks......I think my face will look like a couple of those skulls when my skin is peeled back......can you say "very long rolling burnout"?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
turbohog said:
All I can say Kaz is that it is running better than it looks......I think my face will look like a couple of those skulls when my skin is peeled back......can you say "very long rolling burnout"?
I know what You mean Brotha! :diablo: Have you been able to get it on the Dyno or on the Track Yet?What size Hair Dryer did you go with?Did you Water Cool it? :kaz: Tells us More it's Ok to Brag! :spank:

·
Spoolin
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What people don't understand is you cant ask TOO MUCH from our motors.
People think putting a bigger turbo will be better. The problem is, you will spool-up way too much and bye bye pistons and heads. As for the kits, ( I am saying too much already) we want the fellow rodder to be happy. No one wants @!$# hanging off the bike everywhere. Oil cooling is more than sufficient. You don't need to get into water injection or intercoolers until you push BIG HP. When you see how nice this kit bolts on, you will agree that the hp is more than adequate compared to the Big bore. I think the masses would rather spend a couple hours of quality time with their bike and beer and bolt on some serious power, than rip down and ship their motor away for basically the same cost. Not to mention, there is a certain WOW factor to go along with this nifty piece of hardware inconspicuously sitting by your leg.
It is great having to answer a few questions when fueling. It is even better when a sportbike can't keep up either. We are putting the motor back into our Hayabusa right now, which I can say is 600hp and will be a 7 second bike. The V-Rod and Busa (we also do 1000's blackbirds) will be our main focus. All I can say is stick with me. There have been a lot of bumps the last week or so that have delayed the unveiling (mostly to do with overzealous / picky painters and backordered chrome) but the wait will be well worth it!

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
em er nice!!

·
Spoolin
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
badrod said:
Turbohog,I realize that it is not even ready yet but will it bolt on a V-Rod that already has the big bore kit installed? Jeff
You would need to swap your JE pistons for a custom set to drop your compression ratio. JE could make some custom ones for you. That would be outstanting. I will prob be doing a stage 3 much the same.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
OK, my timing was perfect and I was able to put a hold on the Big Bore kit. I am very interested in doing the big bore kit and the turbo at the same time so please keep me informed as this is rolled out. I am a V Rod junkie and have no patience at all but this sounds cool enough to justify waiting for. It is right? Jeff

·
Spoolin
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
badrod said:
OK, my timing was perfect and I was able to put a hold on the Big Bore kit. I am very interested in doing the big bore kit and the turbo at the same time so please keep me informed as this is rolled out. I am a V Rod junkie and have no patience at all but this sounds cool enough to justify waiting for. It is right? Jeff
Patience is a virtue, but sometimes things take to [email protected]&*!^& long! Stick with me brother. I have a hard time whipping people to finish their tasks sometimes, especially since there is such a high demand for the busa stuff! No one likes working overtime!

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I can wait. Ever since the 'turbodan' thing (sorry Kaz) I have been drooling over a turbo on my baby. do you take body parts in on trade? ;)

·
Spoolin
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you want the best job done on any scheme, be it flames, graphics or airbrush, I can only say that Unique Cycles Inc. in South Carolina has been the best painter I have ever dealt with. I am in Canada and there is a lot of painters out there. But I am sure you guys agree, this is some bad A!# paint! www.uniquecyclesinc.com and speak with Jim Lambert. I can't tell you how much I paid, but lets say that I should have paid double what I did! As for the artist doing the airbrushing, her name is Robin Hackworth and is amazing!!!! I was anxious that the paint was taking a little longer than expected, but she was so drawn into the work, that a little extra detail never hurt nobody!!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrod kev said:
okay that's it, now I'm interested in a turbo set up :sinister:
Oh Great See What Ya Started T/H! :diablo:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts