Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nail in my tire the other day. I have a little over 7k miles on my tires. They were in fair shape and I wasn’t quit ready to replace them yet. I repaired the hole with a plug and have ridden very little since. I received my tires and was ready to have them installed. After asking around at work I was informed of a little shop in Byron Georgia. The name of the shop is 2-Wheel Body Shop and is owned by Gearry and Cheryl O’Neal. http://www.2wheelbodyshop.com/ They are very good people to deal with. The shop is small with only 2 mechanics, a small assortment of parts and apparel, and they are only a few miles off of I-75.
I first rode by and inquired about if they could mount tires. They said that they could and then I asked how it would be done. As I already have a good idea but I wanted to know that they would take care and limit damage to the bike. Gearry then took me into the shop and showed me the mounting and balancing machine. He then explained to me what the steps would be and answered any questions I had. He even said that he would order some new pads for the mounting machine as he needed them anyway. (These pads are where the machine touched the wheel). I was also introduced to WiseGuy, a factory trained mechanic, and Matt also a mechanic.
We schedule an appointment and I dropped the bike and tires off. Last night I went to pick up the bike. I paid $112.00 dollars to have the tire mounted. After I rolled the bike out of the shop I checked the bike over and everything looked good. The 260 looks good and really fills out the rear of the bike. I didn’t notice and difference in the ride of the tires as compared to OEM but I have only a few miles on them. I will post some picture today as an update. I mention Gearry and the gang as I hope that other will support them. As they are local and are pleasant to deal with, Whew…enough for now. I will post some pictures soon…jr

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Sounds like you've found a shop that you can trust,this is half the battle when you need expensive tools and equiptment.Enjoy the 260.:thumb:

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
I love the 260 metz 880 on my bike, picked a nail up at 5k so switched to the bigger tire.

I replaced the front with a metz at the same time, 150 to install both at my dealer (OC Harley), great place to do business in this area. Have 1k on these new tires.

The 260 is much better. Corners nicer as the profile is more round on the edge than stock, so it is smoother and does not feel like you must lean more than needed on slow turns. The grip on the road is better too, tho the softer tire will not last as long I am sure. I will take the better grip over tire life.

I did notice I needed to notch the shocks a little tighter, tires seem to bounce on bumps more so needed to stiffen up the shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts