Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my DX! Upgraded from an 02 VRSCA. It sounds great stock and pulls great. I may not do any mods at all.

The seat and ride position characteristics have exceeded my expectations. It's better than my VRSCA, mostly due to the way the seat supports your lower back.

The stock pipes sound great and have a nice growl and when downshifting, the engine really has a deep menacing purr.

The breaks are an order of magnitude better than my VRSCA.

I still haven't found the scrape point on the right side but the weekend is young ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
:welcome: to the Dark side!~

Haha... I still havent leaned over far enough to turn on my sparklers... I want to tho!

I was very impressed with it stock as well however as I started to ride with others, I couldnt even hear when to shift my bike because the other bikes were so friggin loud over mine... I've kept it bone stock for the past 8 months, so now I'm ready for some louder pipes!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
KemahNightrod said:
:welcome: to the Dark side!~

Haha... I still havent leaned over far enough to turn on my sparklers... I want to tho!

I was very impressed with it stock as well however as I started to ride with others, I couldnt even hear when to shift my bike because the other bikes were so friggin loud over mine... I've kept it bone stock for the past 8 months, so now I'm ready for some louder pipes!

Holy shit you made it eight months....I think I made it 2 1/2 weeks. This bike screams for a louder exhaust. Cheatin pipes are holding me over until I can get the D&D.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm so picky that it takes me a long time to make a decision... then finally found those TAB pipes and I knew they were the ones. :)

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Congrats on the bike - I love mine.

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Kieron said:
Congrats on the bike - I love mine.
:them:

Goes even better once the engine loosens up.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Congrats to you! My scrape point is my heel. When I feel that it scares the hell out of me even though I know it's coming.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Congrats on your newest ride!!! In my unbiased opinion the DX is really one incredible bike ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts