Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bought the bike last night!! :broke:
Have ridden it 120miles already.

My question to all you pros is: where do i buy the pipes in 'night rod special in spain' video (if anyone has seen it that is!):

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=28158&c=503

I think the pipes are too cool in this video...

by the way my pic taken today with the bike is attached...

:angelwin:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Nice bike brother.....welcome!!!

·
I DON,T KNOW WHY
257 Posts
Great choice and welcome:D

·
Banned
579 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I just ordered the Force pipes they should be on tomorrow when I get off work....pics coming soon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats. What dealer in NJ did you buy it from. I am placing an order on an 08 when I return from vacation at the end of the month. I have been visiting several of the dealers in an attempt to find one that I feel comfortable with. If you don't mind could you fill me in on your buying experience and who you dealt with at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Welcome to our forum !!! Gotta love them DX's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Vrod-Mike said:
:vrodforu:

Where in NJ do you live?
I live in west windsor.

dmac620 said:
Congrats. What dealer in NJ did you buy it from. I am placing an order on an 08 when I return from vacation at the end of the month. I have been visiting several of the dealers in an attempt to find one that I feel comfortable with. If you don't mind could you fill me in on your buying experience and who you dealt with at the dealer.
I bought it from Trenton Harley Davidson. Buying experience wasn't bad. I was there at 5pm and out with the bike by around 6:30pm (Ask for Russ).

Now im planning to go cross country on it but the weather forcast is 'ThunderStorms' whole of next week. Anyone has any problem riding this bike in the rain or any advise?

Thanks in advance.:)

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Arjun said:
Thanks for the welcome!

I live in west windsor.

I bought it from Trenton Harley Davidson. Buying experience wasn't bad. I was there at 5pm and out with the bike by around 6:30pm (Ask for Russ).

Now im planning to go cross country on it but the weather forcast is 'ThunderStorms' whole of next week. Anyone has any problem riding this bike in the rain or any advise?

Thanks in advance.:)

I ride in the rain all the time with no problems, but I have Metzelar tires on my bike. Everyone says the stock Dunlops suck in the rain.

BTW: Keep an eye out for NJ rides. There are quite a few of us here. We are heading down to Roar to the Shore in Sept if you want to join us.

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
dmac620 said:
By the way, I bought mine at Williams HD in Lebanon. Dealt with Bobby (the owner) and Gary (my salesman).

Very V-Rod friendly place, in my view and experience with other shops. In fact I liked em so much I bought a Road King here a couple months after the DX! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

vanslam said:
Welcome and nice ride. I live in East Windsor and have a 2007 DX. Russ and Eddie sold me my ride also.
you are a next door neighbour vanslam! we should get together soon! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought a DX last January. I ride everyday to work. The first 3 weeks it rained every day.......Not a problem.....Now waiting for the new D&D pipes to be put on tomorrow, power commander and dyno......when I wear out the stock dunlops I'm going with a Metzler 260. No problem with the rain any different than any other bike in the rain....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts