Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my V rod today. Its a 03 with bags, windsheild, pipes (they say screaming eagles but look like vances hines?????) it has 7600 miles does have a small oil leak looks like the drain plug???
I bought it for $6500. Good deal?:moped:

Attachments

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Well I got my V rod today. Its a 03 with bags, windsheild, pipes (they say screaming eagles but look like vances hines?????) it has 7600 miles does have a small oil leak looks like the drain plug???
I bought it for $6500. Good deal?:moped:
You made a good deal.

I have the exact same bike.

Those are known as Screamin Eagle 16 gauge "Shotgun Exhaust". (same as mine) They are no longer made by HD... So yes V & H makes their replacement. You have the ones from HD. Also I would imagine your bike has a tuner installed on it, (because of the pipes) if it doesn't upon deceleration (aka. engine braking) you'll have excessive popping in your exhaust.

Change your oil & inspect your drain plug, BE CAREFUL not to overtighten that plug. I believe it's tq'd to 18.ft.lbs

Be Safe & Good Luck.
:moped:

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Welcome......

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Your oil leak is probably the stator wires that exit the left cover just in front of the drain plug. It can be fixed with a liberal coating of RTV.

ALSO be careful when tightening that drain plug. Don't over tighten it as you will be replacing the oil pan if you do. The aluminum threads in the oil pan hole are not very secure and will strip easily. Don't think you can just tweak it and get by. Use a torque wrench and torque it to 25.8 Ft/lbs. no more

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
and yes you got a good deal if the bike is in good condition.

:vrodforu:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Love I already change the oil pan looked like had been trailered to hard and bent the pan (streched it) cause it to leak. Amsoil In. Have got 300 miles on it now runs great. Tires suck (Dunlop) so ordered Metzeler will have the on Wed. 200 on rear taken them the bike change them both them out for $400.
I want to take the baffles out of the double barrels so what or how to tune it????
Thanks guys love the site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts