Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the fatboy is finally history. We were coming back from a bike show with Arlen Ness on sunday, and a lady made a left hand turn at a light and never even looked. We were coming down main st in Greensburg with a left turn signal and green light. We were going about 20-25. The left green arrow went out, and the lady opposite got a green light. She obviously thought she was the only one on the road, because she never even looked. We hit her front fender, and my dads knee hit the front wheel. I flew over my dad and bounced off the fender and landed on my feet. I opened the door of the ford escape, and went off on the woman. She was very smart, and said that she had a left turn signal arrow pointing green. I was so mad, that i didnt realize that she was full of s***. Afterwards she realized that she was in trouble and tried apologizing. I just ignored her. I heard her and a cop talking about her having a beer earlier. But she couldnt have been drunk because the cop let her go. My dads knee is shattered, and will be down for 5-6 months. So i guess the rods will be sitting till march or april. Thank god that i had torn apart the 03 to run the turn signal wires through the bars and had taken the exhaust brackets off the Se-V to get chromed, or we would have been on one of them. I tried getting the 03 finished, but had broke the front brake switch in the controls, and didnt get around to fixing it in time. The worst part of the whole thing is her whole family rides bike. They are part of a little bike crew that has been around for quite sometime. She certainly didnt show any care for my dad who was laying on the pavement. Thankfully there was a nurse 3 cars back who had just got off work, and kept my dad still until the ambulance arrived. So all in all, we were really lucky, it just sucks that the riding season is over for us. Ive been wanting to get padded pants for sometime now. So the next time i ride, i will be in full gear. My dad and his buddies always laugh at me for riding in 90 degree weather with padded leather jacket, but i think he will be doing the same from now on. My dads helmet has a dent in the back where he hit the pavement. Thankfully he rides with a dot helmet, or he might still be laying on the pavement.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Sorry to hear about you situation. At least your ok and able to tell us about it! Heal up quick!

·
Sergrod
676 Posts
Sorry to hear about what happened, and glad you and your dad were not badly hurt hope your dad has a quit recovery and the lady got some kind of ticket for driving while stupid

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Sorry to hear that,hope you all get well soon..

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
Man that sucks, but your right could have been worse not having the right gear on

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Hope your dad heals fast, it is amazing how many of these incident could be avoided if people just paid attention.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
firemedic said:
Hope your dad heals fast, it is amazing how many of these incident could be avoided if people just paid attention.
I'm with FireMed on this one. To bad you get to see the results of poor judgement more often then most of us being a paramedic. It makes these instances vivid examples of stupidity that could have been avoided

I hope your father heals up and glad he was wearing a helmet. Best wishes.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
That totally sux.... I hope your dad heals up quickly!

·
V-HOG
1,031 Posts
Best wishes to your Dad. I ride with my Dad a lot too and always worry about the cagers not paying attention. We were able to get a lot closer through our bikes, it let us know the other person was more than just Father and Son. Better self control than me, I probably would have had to be restrained. make sure you have an experienced motorcyle attorney, It does make a difference. Be Safe...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your dad.

On a lighter note this sounds like a circus trick:

"I flew over my dad and bounced off the fender and landed on my feet."

Did you yell ta da when you landed?

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I hope your dad heals quick.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Man! Sorry to hear all this. Hopefully your dad will get well quickly.

When I ride, I get laughed at too. I wear a full face, Joe Rocket jacket, motorcross padded under shorts (under jeans), knee and shin guards (under jeans), padded gloves with the carbon fiber on tops of my fingers, and my riding regular riding boots.

Once you've been hit (as I was also), you'll really appreciate this gear. The lady's insurance company paid for my new helmet and Joe Rocket jacket along with getting the bike repaired.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
BOVROD05 said:
i hope your dad gets better soon. im glad it wasnt worse.
I just hate that for you. It sucks not only to be involved in a wreck like that but to your your Dad go down. Tough to stomach. I hope you both have a speedy recovery.

·
Feeling lost
998 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, speedy recovery to you and your dad. I know first hand about stupid drivers not paying attention. I'm sitting here with my knee imoblizer on, going to the ortho next week to see what's up. My Rod is sitting under the cover awaiting parts and since the car took off that cut me off, it might be a bit :broke: Wanted to have it ready for the rally but don't think that will happen. Thinking it will March/April before I can ride again too :(
I fell ya

1 - 20 of 47 Posts