1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Vrod King"
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
243 Posts
wow that could be a pretty solid buy. i kinda wanna crack it open and see whats inside.

from the outside it looks like its got a beefy brace on it. holymoto possibly? Not a Fitzgerald or trask/doherty brace as those are internal. Think the Karzza heavy duty brace is also internal. Any other manufacturers make a brace for the vrod?

i also see a sprocket for a chain drive on it.

·
VRSC est -03
2,266 Posts
My guess, there is an oil pan spacer to expand the volume of the oil, not a HM brace.. Still interesting.

Come on Mike, dont you "need" a engine?

·
"Vrod King"
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on Mike, dont you "need" a engine?
I already have 2 spares engines and don't really want to look like I'm hoarding them all. Okay, maybe if it was closer to me I would. I do wonder what is inside of it because you just don't go and put on the bigger throttle body just because it looks good. :hmm: I did take a chance on the throttle body because when I saw it, it was listed as stock but the butterflies were a different color than the stock ones.

·
VRSC est -03
2,266 Posts
I already have 2 spares engines and don't really want to look like I'm hoarding them all. Okay, maybe if it was closer to me I would. I do wonder what is inside of it because you just don't go and put on the bigger throttle body just because it looks good. :hmm: I did take a chance on the throttle body because when I saw it, it was listed as stock but the butterflies were a different color than the stock ones.
Yes, am in the same boat here, already have a spare engine and do not want any major escalation ..
The larger tb and sprocket indicates a possible potent engine, maybe bb / stroker + cams .. No bad price either...

·
'04 1300
3,056 Posts
'02 likely means French heads though :barf:

·
"Vrod King"
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts