Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
watch this
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these cut but never got around to getting them mounted. $675 plus shipping. Both rims! Thanks
[/IMG]

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yup they are. The're a Gorby product. He charges $150 each to do them. That leaves, uh, that's a little high.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rims

Do you want to sell front only?

·
This is Only a Test
284 Posts
I paid $300 for ebay stock wheels and $300 for Gorby's to machine them.
Plus shipping.
You're not going to get those wheels for half that price.

To say that's a high price must mean someone hasn't priced any alternatives...
...and they are going to have stock wheels, no make that a stock bike, for a long time.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
you should post the size for buyers.....many vrods now have wider rear wheels....might help you sell if you are more thorough on your ad.

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Nathang said:
I paid $300 for ebay stock wheels and $300 for Gorby's to machine them.
Plus shipping.
You're not going to get those wheels for half that price.

To say that's a high price must mean someone hasn't priced any alternatives...
...and they are going to have stock wheels, no make that a stock bike, for a long time.
Lighten up Francis... It's Christmas! Just 'cause you paid too much, doesn't mean everybody should.

·
REGUL8
891 Posts
The name is psycho, no one calls me Francis

:them:

No offense, sometimes you have to suck it up and realize you got the sh!t end of the stick. Look online and see how much I lost on my last bike.

coinpurse said:
Lighten up Francis... It's Christmas! Just 'cause you paid too much, doesn't mean everybody should.

·
This is Only a Test
284 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Does anyone know the weight of these as opposed to stock. Looks like they may have shed considerable weight.
Dana

·
This is Only a Test
284 Posts
They have shed as much weight as it looks, I didn't weigh mine but enough people
have had Gorby's shop cut their wheels that somebody should know.
Gorby should know, as many pairs as he has shipped back, what the shipping weight difference was.

More importantly, the wind buffetting that used to have me taking the LowRider
and leaving the V at home on the windiest days is completely gone.

I wanted to solve the wind stability issue, and found custom wheel prices ridiculous,
especially since I really preferred the general look of stock wheels over most customs anyway.
$600 for a pair of wheels that solved the problem and allowed me to keep the stock look was a great deal for me.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Im getting ready to send mine out and get them cut to this pattern. According to Gosbys sheds 5-6 pounds per wheel....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts