Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, im in detroit MI. (surrounding area) im thinking about an 08' dx. just wondering if their is a place around that has some good deals on bikes in general.

it seems like every dealer around me is just out to rip people off. period.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
FWIW:

It's my understanding (unless HD changes their minds) that the DX is a 2007 model only. so Look around and get one now if that's the one you can't live without.

Regards

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, im not sure on that. you could be right, but a dealer by me is taking deposits on 08' dx models.....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
There will be an 08' DX, but will it be all black is the question, I hear that the airbox cover strip will be Orange or White. So now it will look like a Ducati instead of the coolest bike in production.

·
Registered
330 Posts
plumbum said:
ok guys, im in detroit MI. (surrounding area) im thinking about an 08' dx. just wondering if their is a place around that has some good deals on bikes in general.

it seems like every dealer around me is just out to rip people off. period.

any suggestions?

Try Gilberts in Port Huron It is well worth the drive. In 02 I bought my V-Rod from them for sticker price (+ first 3 services prepaid) all in all at that time that was pretty good. From what I know even during times of 1 year waiting lists to buy a new H-D they always sold for list. I don't know if they still add the services or if that was done to discourage flippers.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The best place in Michigan for a Vrod is Cement City Harley Davidson. South of Jackson. I checked many and they had a better deal than anyone else.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Buffalo H-D(Western NY) has a 07 VIVID on their floor now....MSRP,it wont be there long...might be worth the trip.(about 4 hrs drive thru canada at windsor to Niag falls)

there are 6 models DXs for 08....standard(DX) and with ABS(DXA)

DX & DXA-denim/with vivid stripes(like the 07)
DX & DXA-vivid with orange race stripes
DX & DXA-vivid with pewter race stripes

all RODS in 08 have 1247 CC motors.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts