Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my Tech, I have been Dragging my feet picking up my bike so I have had him do some other small things to it while it was there.
So I was going to get it today so I called him up, well apparently my bike being a 2002 is now Labeled as "Vintage" in the Harley Davidson world which means the Parts, especially in the Inner working of the bike, that are now Different than the Post 2005 bikes so the parts are sent to a Vintage Warehouse and Not to dealerships so Everything Must be ordered or Backordered etc... So the small item He is waiting on will be in tomorrow.
Time to sell.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
I'm not surprised.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I find that a little strange since it was basically the same motor until 2007?
He heard that from a "dealer"!
You know, the ones who don't know sheet about V-Rods, how to work on them, get parts, sell them or market them!

Ya those guys.:D

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He heard that from a "dealer"!
You know, the ones who don't know sheet about V-Rods, how to work on them, get parts, sell them or market them!

Ya those guys.:D
No I do not go to a dealer, My Tech has his own shop, He is warranty certified and actually fixes the VRSC's that come into the Local Dealership in Orange county as they dont want to hire a Revo specific tech in their dealership.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Big companies do their damnedest to keep everyone on that no down and low monthly payments hamster wheel. It's how this country functions. God help America if the great majority of Americans had no debt and money in the bank. Our employers and our politicians wouldn't be able to get away with half the shyte they do now if we were all debt free.
Don't do it Luxy. Tell Harley, "Screw it, lets ride" and keep your money in your pocket this time.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What part is it David?
I dunno, will find out Thursday when I go get it. I will be getting a truck full of used parts this time I imagine with the new tranny, Speedo etc....

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
No I do not go to a dealer, My Tech has his own shop, He is warranty certified and actually fixes the VRSC's that come into the Local Dealership in Orange county as they dont want to hire a Revo specific tech in their dealership.
An outsider?....well in that case the info must be more accurate.

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
Shit David anytime i order stuff for my 05 they get back ordered. With a new trans and other parts you should be good to go for another 6 or 7 years right?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
So what I gather this means is that I cannot buy parts for my 03 from a dealer,I have to go through a vintage ware house? Bullshit!
Where is this alleged ware house located ?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what I gather this means is that I cannot buy parts for my 03 from a dealer,I have to go through a vintage ware house? Bullshit!
Where is this alleged ware house located ?
I will find this out tomorrow when i pick it up.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
vintage..... maybe when it comes to the Ano tins...other then that most of the 2002 bike is the same as the 2005 and some parts are still used on the 2009 AW.........

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
vintage..... maybe when it comes to the Ano tins...other then that most of the 2002 bike is the same as the 2005 and some parts are still used on the 2009 AW.........
I know I got so mad at people saying my bike was VINTAGE/OLD POS I took a black sharpy to the sucker and dolled her up!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts