Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deputy Rally Rouser
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the good news is that I got "Dannoed" yesterday. My good bud Danno put his "D-modded" Screamin' Eagle pipes on my bike and the sound is absolutely kickass. Nice low rumble at idle, plenty of volume, but not to the point where you don't like listening to them. They are a nice step up in sound (and probably performance) from my V&H PowerShots (which I liked a lot, but wanted a little more sound). I provided a small amount of assistance in the form of sheer bulk for the "slip-off, slip-on" part of the process, but Danno is the manno and not only did he get the pipes on in great shape, but remapped my PowerCommander too. What a guy. Thanks Danno!!! :plause:

Now for the bad news: We also confirmed my fear that I was suffering from the infamous fuel flange problem--nice misty spray in the tank and lots of hesitation and "pulsing" on acceleration. :banghead: Now I have to find out if any of the dealerships will help me with a "fix" or if I have to buy the kit and bum some more time and help off o' Danno! :)

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
awesome!! i have heard those pipes do sound really good

in for vids!

·
Registered
553 Posts
DiveHog said:
:banghead: Now I have to find out if any of the dealerships will help me with a "fix"
Time for some more good news...
The fuel flange is a known issue and is covered under the dealer's warranty, they will simply take care of that for you and make the fix... I have a 04 vrsca and was about 50 miles away from home when my bike started suffering that low fuel pressure flange failure... About that time I found 1130cc and MAX sent me a pdf of the known issue to answer my question... Took that out to Latus Motors to get that trouble fixed, and even though I am the second owner of the bike, and do not have a warranty they saw the problem, informed me that it was a free fix under the factory program and the bike was fixed the next day...
Just explain to the service manager that this is a fuel flange failure and they should do the rest...

·
Deputy Rally Rouser
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VRay-PDX said:
Time for some more good news...
The fuel flange is a known issue and is covered under the dealer's warranty, they will simply take care of that for you and make the fix... I have a 04 vrsca and was about 50 miles away from home when my bike started suffering that low fuel pressure flange failure... About that time I found 1130cc and MAX sent me a pdf of the known issue to answer my question... Took that out to Latus Motors to get that trouble fixed, and even though I am the second owner of the bike, and do not have a warranty they saw the problem, informed me that it was a free fix under the factory program and the bike was fixed the next day...
Just explain to the service manager that this is a fuel flange failure and they should do the rest...
I hope so. Have a call in to my local dealer right now--we'll see what they say. I look forward to romping on this thing once it's fixed to really find out what the D-mods sound like!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
DiveHog said:
I hope so. Have a call in to my local dealer right now--we'll see what they say. I look forward to romping on this thing once it's fixed to really find out what the D-mods sound like!!!
I was delighted when Latus Motors called me to say this was a warranty issue of a known problem and would be fixed at no charge... It broke my heart to have the bike run so choppy and bad, but the very next day I went over and got my bike and it has been everything I dreamed it would be now... Finding 1130cc for me was just perfect timing, and MAX helping me to qualify what was happening helped.

As a side note, I first took the bike to a non-dealer shop that works on Harleys and Vtwins here in Portland, and they spent about $200 worth of time trying to find why the bike ran poorly, which was never fixed there... They are a well established shop too, but finally the owner gave up and said "If you want this to run right you need to take it to the dealership, where they have the experience and training on V-Rods"... ...funny thing was before I took the bike there I asked if they were comfortable working on the V-Rod, and was told "sure, we do 'em"...

I have learned a lesson about the V-Rod and figure that what I have learned here at 1130cc and by practical experience is that your average bike shop is not qualified to service the V-Rod... ...nothing seemed to be getting done or figured out until I went to Latus with the information MAX helped me with, then the skies parted and the sun came out!!
(grin)... ...worth the wait to get it right, guaranteed...

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
DiveHog said:
It was my pleasure Mark! It was nice to here that sound again and I can finally hear your bike while we're riding. :mrgr:

So, is Central HD going to cover the repair??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts