Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Dealer in the Long Island area has a decent V-Rod Mechanic? I really need to get the valve lash done, and am not going to do it myself 23K miles. I just want to know my baby is in good hands....thanks......

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's my opinion that the local dealers seem to be VRSC challenged. You might want to try North Shore Motorcycles in New Hyde Park. (516) 352-5555. They speak bike, not brand.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response. I also feel the dealer mechanics are not all that. Especially for the V-Rod. I will check out your suggestion. Thanks.

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
It's my opinion that the local dealers seem to be VRSC challenged. You might want to try North Shore Motorcycles in New Hyde Park. (516) 352-5555. They speak bike, not brand.
Buddy owes me $250 from a bachelor party!!!!!!! :chair:

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
I would check out www.nycyco.com
cycle concepts

The main guy there turns a wrench, he is a real german craftsman. Stopped in their one day and the guys seems to know more about the VROD then sales guys at the HD dealers. Machine shop on premise. Check him out for yourself in Freeport on Sunrise highway

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Which Dealer in the Long Island area has a decent V-Rod Mechanic? I really need to get the valve lash done, and am not going to do it myself 23K miles. I just want to know my baby is in good hands....thanks......
the problem I see w/HD techs doing the valve lash is that protocol only asks them if things are in the spec range. Doesn't matter if things are at the end of the range or the beginning of the range, but if lash is in the range nothing is done except to charge you.
There's a forum member here in CA that actually does the lash and puts things dead balls in the middle of the range. Hell, he even sands down shims if needed.
If you do take it to the dealer, you should "request" they put things in the middle of the range and record where things were, and where they are once complete. GET IT IN WRITING

1 - 6 of 6 Posts