Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We tend to hear quite on this forum about poor service and lousy HD dealerships.

How many of you have had good/excellent service at top shelf Harley dealerships? If so, name them. I am sure others would appreciate it.

I'll start. Owens Harley Davidson in Yakima, Washington. Excellent service, nice layout, friendly and knowledgable people, and excellent mechanics who know how to use a dyno.

Owens is the closest dealership to me (about 60 miles), since the utterly craptastic local was driven into the ground by the idiot owner who is now $13 million (yes, I said $13 million) in arrears.

I will happily recommend Owens Harley to anyone. :)

Phatass

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Las Vegas/Redrock Harley in NV. STAY AWAY FROM HENDERSON HD!!

·
Land Pilot
148 Posts
Southern Thunder HD in Southaven, MS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chester's H/D in Mesa, AZ. Bought my '06 NightRod from them. Service is fantastic. Other dealerships are closer, but Chester's is the best.

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
Orlando Harley has been exceptional over the past 8 years in servicing 3 bikes of mine. Very few complaints and all were resolved satisfactorily.

·
Weight Weenie
452 Posts
Peterson's HD in North Miami. I live almost 20 miles away, but they are good to me. There is a huge stealer about 6 blocks from my house, and another about 7 miles away that I never use. They are both Rossmeyer dealerships.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Monty's Cycle Shop in West Bridgewater Mass. Small dealership, has a nice mom and pop feel to it. They actually remember you when you come back for parts, service, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Eastside Harley Davidson, Seattle Washington. Always had great treatment with them. My bike broke down shortly after getting in in Feb, they came and picked it up, looking it over they found a wire that had came off, fixed it and returned it: no charge.
Lastly the heat sheld for the lower SE muffler busted loose (where the bands are welded to the shield) again they replaced it, and again for free. When getting tires a couple of months ago they were 120.00 cheaper than the Marysville Washngton HD. And they put new brake pads that I bought off E-bay on for free at the same time.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Harley-Davidson of Glendale
3717 San Fernando Road
Glendale, CA 91204-2918
(818) 246-5618

Pretty Good as far as Little things, will NOT let them Venture into The Motor. 30% chance they will have your part on hand so dont expect them to. Parts Guys are Great, Service Writers are Alright. In a Emergency they have come through in the past.
Barger Harley-Davidson
22107 Sherman Way
Canoga Park, CA 91303-1137
(818) 999-3355

90% of the time will have your Parts on HAnd, Service Dept NO!!! They seem to Hire only Kids fresh out of the MC training Institute for some reason. Nice people run it and work there but a Very SLOW moving dealership.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Knowledgeable,experienced V-Rod Tech's and their manager

We tend to hear quite on this forum about poor service and lousy HD dealerships.

How many of you have had good/excellent service at top shelf Harley dealerships? If so, name them. I am sure others would appreciate it.

I'll start. Owens Harley Davidson in Yakima, Washington. Excellent service, nice layout, friendly and knowledgable people, and excellent mechanics who know how to use a dyno.

Owens is the closest dealership to me (about 60 miles), since the utterly craptastic local was driven into the ground by the idiot owner who is now $13 million (yes, I said $13 million) in arrears.

Phatass
It's all about knowledgeable HD dealership shop managers and if they've got experienced V-Rod technician's. I'm not just saying "V-Rod certified",I mean knowledgeable experienced V-Rod technicians!
Anybody can pass a test.
If the V-Rod tech knows what he's doing,he'll order the correct part the first time. No diddle daddling . Try requesting overnight shipment on parts.

Thx for posting this thread "phatass"
This is good info when traversing cross country.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good Dealerships

I also have had great service at Chester's H-D in Mesa, AZ. Original sale was a great experience (thanks Richard), also a couple of minor warranty issues were handled professionally. Questionable rear tire, (I thought), was handled to my satisfaction also(a big thank you to Cathy and Terry!).

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
It's all about knowledgeable HD dealership shop managers and if they've got experienced V-Rod technician's. I'm not just saying "V-Rod certified",I mean knowledgeable experienced V-Rod technicians!
Anybody can pass a test.
Thanks.
And all this time I have only been going to dealers for hamburgers and hotdogs. I must be missing out. :broke:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Knowledgeable,experienced V-Rod Tech's and their manager

Phatass
Anybody can pass a test.
Thanks.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Which has better HD tech's:
Carson City? or Reno?

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
popcorn

And all this time I have only been going to dealers for hamburgers and hotdogs. I must be missing out. :broke:
RENO serves free :popcorn

·
911Punisher
129 Posts
San Diego Harley in Kearney Mesa Has good service and mechs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts