Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what your guys thought of the bike it looks like I'm getting ready to buy. Already gotten approved for it. Only problem is it's 3 hours away so gonna haul my Nightster over there to see what they will give me for it and finalize paperwork.

Here's the details:
2006 VRSCA for $8,500.00 with 4600 miles the color is classified as Scarlet Red & Charcoal that I guess was only available from October - December 2005.

Here's a few pics:

Gonna have them change wheels before I pick it up. Not a big fan of the solid look. A few questions: looks like security system was standard on the 06's is that correct? Also is the reach from seat to handlebars the same as say a 2011 Night Rod Special? Set on a Night Rod Special last weekend and thought if I went that route I'd want to do the reduced reach handlebars. So didn't know if I'd also want the same done with the 06. I know I won't know for sure till I sit on it and take it for a spin but just wanting to get a idea of how much I'll be financing on top of that. Also is it possible to put ABS that available on the 2011's on a 06? If so anyone have any clue on price?

So what are your thoughts on the bike? Price? And if there is anything else you'd recommend I change from the 06 bike?

Thanks in Advance,
Jeffrey

·
Beach Bum
2,189 Posts
The one thing about solid wheels, they are a snap to keep clean!

I'm pretty sure ABS will never work, believe they are completely new calipers used with the system.

As for the reach, I'm 6'4" so reach is no problem, my wife is 5'6" and all we did was get her the reach seat which pushed her up 1" and she has no problem at all. We both have A models similar to what you are looking at.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one thing about solid wheels, they are a snap to keep clean!
Never thought about that. LOL

I'm pretty sure ABS will never work, believe they are completely new calipers used with the system.
No biggie. Just something I thought of. Not even sure if ABS would be worth it.

As for the reach, I'm 6'4" so reach is no problem, my wife is 5'6" and all we did was get her the reach seat which pushed her up 1" and she has no problem at all. We both have A models similar to what you are looking at.
Thanks. I've about 6' so don't think I'll have any problems but didn't know how similar the A is to the DX.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Fair price from a dealer, bike looks good too. Solid wheels can be machined by gorbys and they charge $125 each plus shipping. This is much cheaper than buying wheels outright, no one seems to want the solids either. Personally I like a bike to have some color!

Any ABS system is a factory fitment, its just too involved to retrofit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ended up buying this today. Went ahead and told then to change the wheels to the black HD ones available. They were pretty cheap ($350) so if I don't like black, figured I could always get them power coated next winter. Was gonna buy a Vance and Hones exhaust but service guy said they've never had luck with the slip-ons and not needing to put it on the Dyno. So he added close to $400 in dyno & labor time. Told them just to hold off for now. However the factory exhaust is way too quiet and non Harley sounding. Lol Gonna order a service manual asap, as it came in super handy with the Sporty. The fiance and I are both happy, now can't wait for bike to be done. Lol

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Congrats on the new ride .. looks good and post some pics of the new wheels ....

You can always do the "drill eight -1/2" dia holes" in the end of the pipes and not need a tuner mod as many here have done..

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Good pick! I suggest living with the factory pipes for a while, mine do growl when I turn it on. But they also are great to cruise with as I never have ringing ears. They DO sound Harley Vrod like even if you have to listen closely!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That sound from the stock exhausts is the sound of good engineering and real power, unlike the sound and painful reality of the cod piece bikes :) Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts