Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Vance & Hines slip-ons with Screamineagle tuner and hiflo filter and although sound was great it was just too loud riding around 4-6000 rpm.I was also getting alot of popping but when i went back stock what a difference. The bike is running much stronger and way better.Anyone know if this set up is okay or do i need to take it back to the dealer and get it re adjusted where the exaust is more restricted.

·
Registered
569 Posts
well the tuner doesn't need to go as it is what you will need to use to revert back. If you claim the bike runs better stock then the set up wasn't very good your map was no tuned correctly. As the set up you had should net a solid 10 HP increase. In fact if you revert back to your old pipes it will take care of the noise your filter is also fine in regards to noise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ALL V&H pipes are way too loud, I went with the Tabs and the 2" baffles, PLUS a Quality quiet Big City Thunder head pipe baffle, it sounds great not ear splitting like the V&H's (btw.. when I bought the bike it had V&H 2 into 1 so I know how loud they are). I've had it dyno tuned and it runs smooth when it's warmed up, I still have issues when it's cold though so there may some other problem with my bike.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Had Vance & Hines slip-ons with Screamineagle tuner and hiflo filter and although sound was great it was just too loud riding around 4-6000 rpm.I was also getting alot of popping but when i went back stock what a difference. The bike is running much stronger and way better.Anyone know if this set up is okay or do i need to take it back to the dealer and get it re adjusted where the exaust is more restricted.
Yep, I had the same experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts