Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm looking to combine my too great loves. Has anyone come across any means of carrying a set of golf clubs on their v-rod. A trailer perhaps?

Looking for any ideas. Might have to get one fabricated.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Golf & bikes don't mix & I do both. Even if you find a way to haul the clubs you'll throw too much weight to 1 side of the bike. So the ride to the course will suck because you'll fight the bike the whole ride. When you finally get there you'll be wound up and shoot a shitty 18.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Have seen it done but it was on a bagger not a vrod, it was a custom deal but looked really cool and the guy said it rode well. Personally after hearing the cost and time involved I'd just either drive my truck or rent some clubs there.....imho.

·
That one guy
151 Posts
I have seen a bag that you wear as a backpack, but it is 2 piece and turns into an "X" shape, so you have even weight on each side. I am searching for the link.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Won't work :banghead: the club gets pissed when you do burn outs on the fairway :D

quickerNu said:
I have seen a bag that you wear as a backpack, but it is 2 piece and turns into an "X" shape, so you have even weight on each side. I am searching for the link.
:them: didn't see an " X " one but a guy had a light set on the back that he said was ok. Seen baggers with a dual set-up that goes into the trailer hitch.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
texrod said:
Have seen it done but it was on a bagger not a vrod, it was a custom deal but looked really cool and the guy said it rode well. Personally after hearing the cost and time involved I'd just either drive my truck or rent some clubs there.....imho.
Rented clubs!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You're killing me!!!!!

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
I thought about this question too but gave it up after a quick visual of how ridiculous a set of clubs on a VROD would look. I don't care how you carried them. I thought the easiest solution would be to store your clubs at your course of choice and ride back and forth sans clubs. In the end.. I decided to throw the clubs in the trunk and take the car.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
The reason for the price is the special engineering it requires to have it "ride in the wind shadow" of your bike. I've blown a lot of hot air out in my time & have yet to see a shadow.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Just carry a ball bat.Real easy to put on the bike and you can slam golf balls out of sight.You could probably hide the bat in the woods and it would be there for the next time you went,you wouldn't have to carry it back and forth and there wouldn't be a charge for storing it either.
Never could understand having all sorts of wedges,drivers and putters,a big bulky bag and then having to hire someone to carry all this stuff around for ya when 1 bat will slam a golf ball over the pond or through the woods.
There you have it,problem solved.
:angeldev:

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I hear Harley golf shoes are hard to ride with, the spikes damage the floorboards.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
I hear Harley golf shoes are hard to ride with, the spikes damage the floorboards.
I forgot about them.You won't need these either.You only need to drive a few nails through the front of the shoe on the side you swing.Stability without the expense.Nother problem solved.

Elrod on the V-Rod

1 - 20 of 20 Posts