Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of any problems getting the golf club mirrors to fit on the V-Rod? There are some that I saw advertised on e-bay, but the ad specifically said that they would not work on the V-Rod. I knwo several guys here have them...maybe there are different types??:confused:
- Crash

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Crash,
I have them -- got them from V-Mod ($45per) - no problem. Why don't you email the person and ask what the issue is?
I really like mine.

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Can't pass up an opportunity to show off the 'Rod.:D

Attachments

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I e-mailed, and they said that they will work but that I would need a turn signal adapter or have to relocate the turn signals. All I can think is that maybe the mounting bolt for the mirrors is really long and interferes w/ the signals..?

(Michael333 - Your bike looks awesome!!)

BTW - there are 10 sets available on e-bay for $55 per PAIR. Save one pair for me!

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
'Preciate it Crash. Either too long or --- I would wager too short. I mean the remedy for too long is easy -- cut. Come to think of it -- the bolts on the golf clubs probably aren't compatible with the turn signals. I had already relocated my turn signals to the upper triple tree so I didn't have to deal with it. That is probably going to be true of any golf club you get -- now that I think of it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
just got a pair........Thanks

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Crash I can't see why he would say they won't fit the v-rod. It uses the same brake master as most other HD models.

Max

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Max - I don't know either, but it is from a cycle shop...Here is his quote answering my question:
"THEY WILL WORK BUT YOU WILL NEED TO FIND ADAPTERS FOR THE TURN SIGNALS OR RELOCATE THE TURN SIGNALS"

- We'll see. I'm sure I'll get them to work.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Ah, Looks like they don't supply double ended bolts that others come with (Kuryakyn for one). I guess you'll have find someone who sells just that hardware, fabricate your own or get the Drag Specialties bolts and move the signals down to the triple tree :)

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my golf club mirrors today. The picture that they were running on e-bay was a bit misleading. Basically, the mirrors have a female connection at the stem. The only hardware to connect them is a chrome bolt. That's fine, but it will require that I move the turn signals (because the old mirror screws right in to the turn signals.) I thought about using a piece of threaded bolt stock, but the threads are different sizes on the mirror and the turn signals (slightly wider apart on the mirror). Anyone know where to get such an adapter? thanks - Crash

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Crash -- I take it you just don't want to relocate the turn signals. I would take an old mirror and a new one to a hardware store -- get a long stock bolt, cut and re-thread both ends that match your set up. Regardless, I think you got a pretty good deal. Your going to like the way they look and, once you've got them tweeked you'll be pleasantly surprised with the viz.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I'm not opposed to relocating them...they'll probably look better on the forks anyway:rolleyes: ...I really like the looks of your bike. (some day I may get those same skins...those absolutely rock!!)
- Crash

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Sean has some new stuff --- the red chrome with red flames -- Smokin'!!!
The great thing about Ozzy Customs is that Sean will make what YOU want. Quality stuff.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) I went ahead and ordered the relocation kit...probably the easiest and best way to remedy the situation. I guess with the price I paid for the mirrors, it was like getting the relocation kit for free:D

Michael333 - Yeh, the black chrome with the silver chrome flames is killer too! Ozzy's pretty talented!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just found a set of golf club mirrors at a custom bike dealer in Va. Beach. They where on display for $66.95 pair, but the lady could not find the mate. She looked for 10 min. and finaly came up with a package labeled V twin mfg. and they where marked $33.95 pair. :hidesbeh: Almost knocked her down trying to get to the register. :hyper: :arrow: :vrod: :ride:
:biker:

·
Submariner
186 Posts
redbud said:
Just found a set of golf club mirrors at a custom bike dealer in Va. Beach. They where on display for $66.95 pair, but the lady could not find the mate. She looked for 10 min. and finaly came up with a package labeled V twin mfg. and they where marked $33.95 pair. :hidesbeh: Almost knocked her down trying to get to the register. :hyper: :arrow: :vrod: :ride:
:biker:
I'd say you got a sweet deal! I ordered a set recently from tejas thump cycles for $80 delivered. At least it was less than what they've been selling for on eBay.

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Crash:
I have an extra relo-kit if you want. Let me know...

I see you already have it...

Watch the bolts the long ones are about 3/8" short, they work but just a little short.

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
Easy solution. Go to a NAPA auto parts store (or any other decent auto parts place) and ask the guy for a stud adapter. I forget what size thread but that is easy enough to figure out. Just bring the mirror with you.

Total cost is about $1.50 for two. A lot cheaper than the relo kit if you don't mind the signals on the bars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts