Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Strong Island
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm a newbie to the DX under-world, but I keep reading about going topless. I don't know what that means, but I like it already and want to do it...

As for the bike, I've gathered it has something to do with the air intake being removed so the bike can breathe better... Can someone clarify this for me? I don't get to poke around many DX's here in Iraq and I've bought mine through military sales, sight unseen (what faith!)...Until I actually get to stroke and finger my DX, I won't know what makes her wet...

Oh, also, I want to replace the stock DX exhaust with the stock V-Rod slash-cut pipes. I like that look and think my DX would just look Eee-vile with the slash-cuts powder coated black (or red......). Question is, with the larger displacement of the '08 DX to 1250, will the stock 1130 pipes fit?

Wait! One more...Can I just toss on a 260 as soon as I pick it up or does it require any special mods?

Thanks for the info and thanks to all youz-guys (and all Harley-riders in general) for the enormous amount of support we get from you.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
-Voltaire

·
Registered
74 Posts
inside your airbox cover is the black air box itself. remove the top by unclipping it around the rim, and discard. it's that simple. You will be left with the airfilter around the velocity stacks and the black cover with wingnut holding things in place.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Don't forget to remove the clips and relocate your IAT sensor.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
I am almost Certain that the 260 is a no mod add. Several DX'ers will verify.

Stay safe over there, brother, and thanks for serving!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I read somewhere you need the thinner belt for 260. But I have no personal experience about it. Someone that made the change should pipe in and if not ask the questions again with a new subject about it.

You'll love the bike when you finally do get to stroke her!

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
The 260 will fit on the stock DX rim with absolutely ZERO modifications to anything. The hardest part is getting the 240 tire off the rim. The 260 fills out the rear fender much better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First off welcome to the DX world and I wish to thank you for your service, be safe and come home to ride....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
The 260 will fit on the stock DX rim with absolutely ZERO modifications to anything. The hardest part is getting the 240 tire off the rim. The 260 fills out the rear fender much better.
:them:

And DO NOT I repeat DO NOT take the 260 to be done at your dealer. Find a good indepedent (pref chopper) shop that can handle big big tires on rims. Ive heard too many horror stories about the dealer either not doing it at all, or messing it up mid process.

Rodric

·
Registered
878 Posts
07DX said:

And DO NOT I repeat DO NOT take the 260 to be done at your dealer. Find a good indepedent (pref chopper) shop that can handle big big tires on rims. Ive heard too many horror stories about the dealer either not doing it at all, or messing it up mid process.

Rodric

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
07DX said:

Rodric
:them: X2

·
Marine 24/7
148 Posts
they are correct. take it to a custom chopper place. got mine done at a chopper store and did everything without harming the rim and it was about half the price as harley.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts