Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was going to buy a 2002 vrod tomm for $6000 but i am worried because it has 37,000 miles i dont want to have to dump alot of money in it right away should i be worried of the milage for that price??

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
37,000 is not a lot of mileage.
Myself, I believe I can judge the previous owner and how he rode it and serviced it from talking to him/her and inspecting the bike but a large percentage baby their bikes. No worries.
$6k is also relatively cheap. I'd figure another $700 to $1k on paint right away. Black maybe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!! ne other opinions.........i think he might have already had it painted black because it is an i thought they only came in silver in 2002

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
32,000 miles on my 2008 VROD and not a problem other than wear and tear. These motors cannot be killed. Most dealers don't know how to work on these bikes because all they do is oil changes as that is about all they need.

37K is nothing for a VROD. You can spend that money and have over 100K miles of fun.

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Honestly though, you could hold out and get one for 7,000.00 to 8,000.00 with less than 10K miles on it. They are all over.

37K is not a big deal but for a little more you can get a ROD with 20K less miles. You may want to look around more.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Honestly though, you could hold out and get one for 7,000.00 to 8,000.00 with less than 10K miles on it. They are all over.

37K is not a big deal but for a little more you can get a ROD with 20K less miles. You may want to look around more.
:them:

or for 37K miles you should negotiate a better price than $6K

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it .
Maybe if you would put your location in your profile.
<------------ Someone might give it a look over with/for you .

·
Exemplary Asshole
1,063 Posts
I picked up mine for 8900 w/ 16 and some change on the clock.... best money I've ever spent. Now they have a `11 F and an `06 A, both in black, I should buy the A for my wife :-/

·
Registered
191 Posts
if you like it and can afford it buy it... life is short and you only get one shot....as a matter of fact even if you can't afford it and want it.... buy it.....enjoy it... love it...... make stories to tell the grandchildren.....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
MY 2002 just turned over 100k in miles. Unless the owner was really careless, which you should be able to tell from condition etc, you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
MY 2002 just turned over 100k in miles. Unless the owner was really careless, which you should be able to tell from condition etc, you should be fine.
THE luxlamf HATH SPOKEN!!!!!

Proceed as advised!!!!

And please use the handrails as you exit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's only 3700 per year small mileage don't worry as has been said above judge it by the look and rambelings of the previous owner.

Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks guys bought it and I love it this is my first bike......little bit on how i got it I bought a 1989 camaro RS in really good shape for $3,600 traded it straight up for a 2008 buell xb12SS lightning (really fun bike) rode it for two months an sold it for $6000 to a kid that had to have it an now i have this!! all for $3,600

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ne suggestions on what to use to shine up chrome do you guys use power ball....etc...and i noticed when riding last night when i hit my brights my headlight goes out does this mean my bright bulb is bad an if so does ne one now what number bulb it takes can you get it at a local store or through harley only thanks!!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
i noticed when riding last night when i hit my brights my headlight goes out does this mean my bright bulb is bad
Use a meter to check for power at the bulb socket, first. My Headlight wiring developed a break, where the wires go around the steering Neck.
(And once right at the Socket!)

·
Exemplary Asshole
1,063 Posts
I just did mine day before yesterday,... I used a combination of power ball with mothers and never dull. Took about 4 hours.... needs it again after the 200 miles yesterday.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
... and i noticed when riding last night when i hit my brights my headlight goes out does this mean my bright bulb is bad an if so does ne one now what number bulb it takes can you get it at a local store or through harley only thanks!!
Hi beam bulb is H9, low beam is H11. Available most everywhere.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts