Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming from washington DC and driving the DX down there (i dont own a trailer or SUV).

Any suggestions on how to make the 12.5 hour drive bearable.
I'm thinking about breaking it up into a 2 day drive.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Take a bunch of asprin before hand and wear earplugs! Or you can stop in the Carolina's and visit some of us there for the night!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What would be the equivalent off 6 hours from daytona (as far as location)?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
It took me 6 hours from where I am...just east of Columbia, SC.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I did Washington (VA Actually) - Savannah in one shot. It was not too bad. I left very early in the morning (5-6 am) and made it to Savannah late afternoon. And then did a few hours the next day to Daytona. Was pretty bearable.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
hamletexpress said:
Hey Nightmare, where are you at?
Sumter! Not too far from you!

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
You are right, that is close. We were just up that way not too long ago. Thought the dealer in Columbia would be open on Sunday but NOT. Great looking dealership though. If I make another trip up that way I will send you a PM and let you know. I would like to meet some more V riders in the area. If you find your way down this way let me know. My wife and I enjoy riding and usually make it a point on the weekends.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
hamletexpress said:
You are right, that is close. We were just up that way not too long ago. Thought the dealer in Columbia would be open on Sunday but NOT. Great looking dealership though. If I make another trip up that way I will send you a PM and let you know. I would like to meet some more V riders in the area. If you find your way down this way let me know. My wife and I enjoy riding and usually make it a point on the weekends.
What? Which one, Thunder Tower? We are too open on Sundays! 12-5! The one right off of I-20? Yeah we are! I work up there weekends! I'll be there this weekend, if you want to swing on by. Can't say much for the weather...looks like rain...maybe...

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
:) I'm not sure which one of the dealers it was but cool that you work at TT on weekends, I'll remember that and maybe hook up on an employee discount

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Is there going to be a big meet up for Biketoberfest???

·
RICK
648 Posts
We'll Have To See Whos Going To Biketoberfest! I'm Reserved At The Hilton Just Down From Main St. Don't Know If I'll Have My V Down There Yet, Might Just Ride The Dresser.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I'm booked at the New Smyrna Beach RV Park... Ya ya... I'm trailer trash now. :) I hope the place is OK. I have not seen it yet.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
mikep said:
I'm booked at the New Smyrna Beach RV Park... Ya ya... I'm trailer trash now. :) I hope the place is OK. I have not seen it yet.

they won't let me in New Smyrna or Myrtle Beach, I don't own a trailer

·
Registered
51 Posts
going to biketoberfest

not many posts for biketoberfest......maybe its too far out????

I would like to maybe meet up for a bit for anyone going....4 of us are going down around the 16th and leaving the 22nd....

·
Third of 4
289 Posts
I figure on running down - only 6 hours from here. Need to check out the Corbin store to see if they have the hard bags for the CAWs out of the prototype stage - when I called in July, they were working on them. (As you might guess, I can't stay away from the bagger stuff). Might take a run down to the Keys or something also - who knows. Come along if you want.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm planning on making the trip up from Ft. Lauderdale. Still not sure about where to make a reservation at. Anyone planning on going up from the south, we should make some plans to meet on the way.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'll be there. Only 45-60 minutes from here. Keep me posted.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts