Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this little baby on Yesterday:angeldev: !

It makes 30lbs of Boost and WELL OVER 300RWHP:kaz:

P.S I did all the work myself except the Tuning:lamer: .

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
I hope you do not have a stock motor or it will not last long with that kind of boost!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Damn, Kaz! You've got to be a special kind of crazy to be willing to throw a leg over something like that and let it rip...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
VERY nice Kaz.....

PLEASE Kaz, don't blow it up before KC and BRING IT WITH YOU.....pretty please?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
and perhaps an unregulated bottle of nitrous oxide spraying into the intake........hell that thing would make a jillion kazillion horsepower......for about a tenth of a second......AGAIN.....

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Can someone tell me what that thing is?? And I wonder what it looks like on a bike all put together....because from those pictures...it doesn't look like it belongs on a bike...IMO. It almost looks like it needs some kind of cover on it, to cover up the wires and such...I don't know...just my opinion....

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Can someone tell me what that thing is?? And I wonder what it looks like on a bike all put together....because from those pictures...it doesn't look like it belongs on a bike...IMO. It almost looks like it needs some kind of cover on it, to cover up the wires and such...I don't know...just my opinion....

It's a turbo that looks like it was installed by a blind man with no arms. :D

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
It's a turbo that looks like it was installed by a blind man with no arms. :D
MIKE!!!!!!!!!!! That's horrible. Hilarious..but horrible!!!! It's not a Trask Turbo, I've seen those.

Is that the big bore?????

I mean..do you just leave it like that?

·
Youngest VRODDER
265 Posts
EWWW!!!!! i bet it looks good all together but wow i didnt know a vrod could look so ugly. Good luck on puttin her back together. lets see final pics when done

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
MIKE!!!!!!!!!!! That's horrible. Hilarious..but horrible!!!! It's not a Trask Turbo, I've seen those.

Is that the big bore?????

I mean..do you just leave it like that?

A Big Bore is done by increasing the internal size of the motor. A turbo is basically a big hair dryer that forces hot air into the motor.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Wow. . in the 4th photo is the same oil pressure gauage I put on my neighbor's 1976 FLH.

Good luck with that beast. I hope it holds together for you.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
A Big Bore is done by increasing the internal size of the motor. A turbo is basically a big hair dryer that forces hot air into the motor.
I know I know.....what I mean is...I've seen the Turbo in person.. (i.e. Max's Bike) and I think the Turbo's are awesome looking!

I've never seen a picture of a Big Bore, nor searched for a picture..so have no idea what they look like. However, somehow, I don't think that is a Big Bore.

What is the Technical Name of the gadget Kaz installed?

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
I'm glad you asked first because I was thinking the same thing. I guess with that kind of power though, who cares what it looks like!:notworth:

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
I know I know.....what I mean is...I've seen the Turbo in person.. (i.e. Max's Bike) and I think the Turbo's are awesome looking!

I've never seen a picture of a Big Bore, nor searched for a picture..so have no idea what they look like. However, somehow, I don't think that is a Big Bore.

Most big bores just look like a normal motor as the boring is done on the inside. The technical name for the gadget Kaz installed is a turbo. It's just a one-off custom install. The turbo is standard turbo, likely of a larger size than the Trask, but the plumbing is probably all custom made.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Amy, it's a turbo - just a big one, not the Trask system you've seen. Engine exhaust spins it (just like a blow dryer) to 'grab' more incoming air and stuff it into the engine, allowing you to add and burn more gas and get more power. Also to melt and blow stuff up.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Amy, it's a turbo - just a big one, not the Trask system you've seen.

Ohhh, I see. I guess I wasn't aware there were multiple types of turbo systems for the VROD.

I mean, to each his own..and I have respect for the fact that Kaz could install that thing! It looks crazy! Rough....but crazy!!!

I would like to see a picture of the set up, with the camera pull away from the bike some....

Oh well, if Kaz likes it...thats all that matters!

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
you guys are brutal.

that's pretty damn hairy looking though... can't wait to see what it does out in the wild! Bonneville or drags?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts