Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather is getting colder. I need to get some gloves to keep my finger from going numb. Can you give me some reccomendations on gloves that work we'll in colder weather. I dont want to wear my snowboarding gloves, I think they would wear out fast. Links always appriciated! I seen plenty on fleabay but most dont say how they do in cold weather.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Hey Jeck.....Try this link for starters...as an aside, I like deerskin short gauntlets w/ a polartec "liner" glove.....retains "feel" and keeps ya warm...easy to un-layer if too warm and wind proof (w/ the right polartec). I get my liners from ArcTerx....via REI

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48366

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
http://newenough.com/browse/gloves/

Also, I use glove liners from REI and/or the "Box of vinyl" from Costco. You know, the gloves Doc uses when he checks your....well, you know, turn your head and cough thing!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I wear Harley leather gloves with gel palm inserts every time I ride.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Jeck, get the cheap ($15-20) gloves at Theisen's to start with. The ones back with all the cheap leather and HD boots. I've been using them for 2 years now with no issues. But then again I don't ride when its like 20 degrees out.

·
Noel
4,611 Posts
Gerbing Electric gloves or the equivelent HD re-branded version work for me, riding all year long road surface conditions permitting.

It also is nice to have a electric 12v jacket liner.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
I use motocross gloves with poly liners, until it gets real cold, then leather thinsulate ****tex relatively thin ones as I can't stand to wear thick gloves riding, keeping the wind off makes a huge differance. I found mine at cabelas bargain cave.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you want extremely high quality, American-made leather products, I highly recommend Fox Creek Leather (http://www.foxcreekleather.com/). I bought one pair of their gloves for summer riding which have been excellent, but the mornings are getting cold, so I'll probably be buying another lined pair tonight. I might buy a pair of their outseam gloves as well and use my current gloves as dress gloves.
Their jackets are very well spoken of, but I wanted a mesh jacket with armor and none of their leathers have any kind of armor (surprise surprise ;>) so right now, their gloves are all I've tried.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Jeck said:
The weather is getting colder. I need to get some gloves to keep my finger from going numb. Can you give me some reccomendations on gloves that work we'll in colder weather. I dont want to wear my snowboarding gloves, I think they would wear out fast. Links always appriciated! I seen plenty on fleabay but most dont say how they do in cold weather.

move to tejas.... :D

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Check out your local Military Surplus store. You can get a pair of Pilots gloves with nomex pretty cheap. They are very warm considering how thin they are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts