Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that ride everyday, what are you using for gloves?

I bought a pair of Lee Parks, comfertable as hell, but they wore through in exactly 2 years. And i was told by them 1-2 years is there normal life span, (if you actually use them).

Is there anything out there that lasts?

Thanks in advance for the help!

:D

·
Dean
775 Posts
I have a pair of Lee Parks too. Mine are only about 4-5 months old. They are very comfortable...but I can see where the dye has worn off. My assumption would be that this would be were they would "wear through".

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a pair of Lee Parks too. Mine are only about 4-5 months old. They are very comfortable...but I can see where the dye has worn off. My assumption would be that this would be were they would "wear through".
Mine wore through on the palm of my clutch hand, right above where the extra padding is.

No one else rides everyday besides me??

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I have twos sets of Icon gloves (Perforated Stealth & Timax) The Stealth gloves are 3 years old and still look great, the Timax are about a month younger and look new.

I have as set of BMW winter gloves that are 2 years old and look new & smell new
one set of Fieldsheer winter gloves same age and condition.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I bring my hot weather (black leather with holes and mesh hand back with a velcro wrist) and cold weathers...harley aqua-tek (gerbings) both harley.

winter.jpg

I can't find a pic for the summer ones. }:)

Winter ones are awesome.. I haven't even had to plug them in yet, and they do keep your hands dry.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have twos sets of Icon gloves (Perforated Stealth & Timax) The Stealth gloves are 3 years old and still look great, the Timax are about a month younger and look new.

I have as set of BMW winter gloves that are 2 years old and look new & smell new
one set of Fieldsheer winter gloves same age and condition.

Nice. So I guess I need more than one pair??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bring my hot weather (black leather with holes and mesh hand back with a velcro wrist) and cold weathers...harley aqua-tek (gerbings) both harley.

View attachment 158516

Winter ones are awesome.. I haven't even had to plug them in yet, and they do keep your hands dry.

Thanks. Been reading thru a few searches, peeps seem to be happy with the Harley Gloves.

I want something comfy that lasts!!!

·
boo
5,211 Posts
icon makes nice gloves. I have 2 pair. and some cortechs for cold weather

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
I have some Cortechs for the cold weather and some Firstgear gloves I use the rest of the time. Now I need to find an in between pair for the cool weather where insulated gloves are not needed.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,147 Posts
Been wearing my snow mobile or gerbings heated gloves everyday now that it is in the 30s or 40s when I leave. Below 40 I needed the gerbings but I have had the snow mobile gloves for 3 bikes time now, they really have lasted.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been wearing my snow mobile or gerbings heated gloves everyday now that it is in the 30s or 40s when I leave. Below 40 I needed the gerbings but I have had the snow mobile gloves for 3 bikes time now, they really have lasted.
I'll look into these. Thank you!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts

View attachment 158516

I have the Hot weather ones you're referring to. They are great gloves for hot days. Wouldn't protect much except for incidental contact because they're quite thin, but in 100° heat they're as good as can be expected.

I'm on year three with them and they're pretty much ready for the trash, fingers are worn through. But I really wouldn't expect a glove to last more than about 2 years myself.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
I use just a solid black leather summer glove from Harley and they have been great. They are 3 years old and have about 10K miles on them and show a little wear but show no signs of giving out. Been thinking about a pair of Icons though.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
a seldom used trick to maximizing the life out of your leather riding gloves is to CLEAN them on a regular basis. Oils and sweat are hell on leather and most other materials for that matter. Washing your gloves and then oiling them again will get you more life out of'em

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wear a pair of ILM gloves with metal like knuckles for protection and they last quite long. These gloves are great for the protection of your hands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts