·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
I can see Lux buying them.

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
Jim J said:
They're not glass, they're polycarbonate.
Just so everyone knows what it is...

Polycarbonates are a particular group of thermoplastic polymers. They are easily worked, molded, and thermoformed; as such, these plastics are very widely used in the modern chemical industry. Their interesting features (temperature resistance, impact resistance and optical properties) position them between commodity plastics and engineering plastics. Polycarbonate is becoming more common in housewares as well as laboratories and in industry, especially in applications where any of its main features—high impact resistance, temperature resistance, optical properties—are required.

·
Registered
922 Posts
MY100 said:
Awesome!!!!

I Want Some!
:)

Me Too, but not at $5000. apiece :)

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Looks cool, but I'm not sure about the practicality.

Did anyone else read the comments on there? Sounds like they have their own Gazoo and Capt GRMC as well! :laugh:

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
Its no more practicle than trying to keep the stock vrod wheels polished........

They are still solid wheels, and wheels just attract dirt and brake dust no matter what :(

I also found they do a wheel for cars too.

They are actually polycarbonate.

http://wheelsperformancecom.stores.yahoo.net/fora.html

But yer 5k a wheel hurts...

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
No thanks.

Now maybe if they lit up!!! :)

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
mikep said:
No thanks.

Now maybe if they lit up!!! :)
:rofl2: Yeah, some centrifugal activated LED's around the hub!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Xoygeha said:
:rofl2: Yeah, some centrifugal activated LED's around the hub!
I saw something on tv about a wheel that had led's in it all wirelessly hooked up to a computer in the car and the wheels could be programed to have pictures, words, anything really. I did a quick google and couldn't find them, I'm pretty sure I saw it on discovery channel.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Jim J said:
They're not glass, they're polycarbonate.

...he should have written "shit you can see through"...LOL, did you read the comments, they are too funny!!!

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
synseer said:
Just so everyone knows what it is...

Polycarbonates are a particular group of thermoplastic polymers. They are easily worked, molded, and thermoformed; as such, these plastics are very widely used in the modern chemical industry. Their interesting features (temperature resistance, impact resistance and optical properties) position them between commodity plastics and engineering plastics. Polycarbonate is becoming more common in housewares as well as laboratories and in industry, especially in applications where any of its main features—high impact resistance, temperature resistance, optical properties—are required.
Ed,
Is there anything you dont know something about? LOL

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone got some newspaper?
I got a streak on the right side.
I hate it when glass streaks.(POLYCARBONATES my bad)
lol
rod

1 - 20 of 26 Posts