Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with the coating on the instrument cluster glass. mine was spotty and would not clean up so i assumed it was on the inside.I took apart the cluster and tried to clean it , you could feel the spots and on further clean i realized i was removing some sort of coating.
What was it meant for?
I have now carefully removed all the coating and glass is crystal clear

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
I opened up quite a few to install my color conversion boards but only have seen 'moist' stains up till now. the 02-06 type can realy get hot inside so vapours can reside on the glass, think of your car window on the inside when you clean it.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I had the same issue with my cluster glass and YES there is some type of coating on the inside of the glass. Some of the coating was peeling and I scraped the rest off with a razor blade.

I posted this same issue up a few years ago and some here thought I was crazy :moon:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
same issue here...glad to know its a coating.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I took mine apart, polished it/cleaned it, and sealed it back up with aluminum tape. I put about 3-4 coats of Zaino polish on the inside to provide UV protection. Looks great now!

WP

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Anti fog

·
Registered
20 Posts
06 VRSCD
Welcome!! to FL... FL here Port Charlotte. Was on here a couple of weeks ago..didn't know that as a newbie had to post to newbie site. Any way got a new speedo dial from gravestarr. needed the diagram on how to get in all apart... got it almost apart but need to get to the meat and potatoe of it to change out the back ground.... I know it's here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I used a car wax that had UV protection. Been clear for 5 years now. Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts